Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiator Covers

bobbob
bobbob Member Posts: 70
Are old antique(?) radiator covers still of interest to some folks?
I have 4. Assume what you would call "factory-made" ones. They are different dimensions, but all the same style. I realize these probably are unlikely to be something a body would travel hundreds of miles to obtain. I would hate to just toss them, and there is no architectural salvage place around here. Do they have any kind of value? I am located 40 miles west of Peoria, Illinois.

Comments

• Gsmith
    Gsmith Member Posts: 431
    dimensions?
  • bobbob
    63w x 24h
    27w x 24h
    27w x 28h
    37w x 28h (2)
    I found one in the basement that I didn't know I had, so there are 5 of them
    If anyone is close enough to me you can just have them free for coming.
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,570
    edited February 2022
    I just purchase a few of similar size for $600- 900.00 each. Those look to be in great shape and worth picking up.
  • bobbob
    These are in excellent shape. The one in the second photo had plants sitting on it and as can be seen there is a little moisture damage on the top
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 828
    Myself, I prefer the look--and the superior function-- of the bare radiator in all circumstances.
    ChrisJethicalpaul
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,570
    psb75 said:

Myself, I prefer the look--and the superior function-- of the bare radiator in all circumstances.

And I have a wife who likes to decorate- so I don't get an opinion.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,583
    SlamDunk said:

psb75 said:

And I have a wife who likes to decorate- so I don't get an opinion.
    Luckily, not only does mine have no problem with bare cast iron radiators, but she's also ok with me painting them flat black in the future for increased IR output.

Personally, I wouldn't tolerate covers, I can't stand them.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment