Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wm aqua logic leaking from the sensor well

My wm 97+ 110 ct with aqua logic has extremely low water pressure coming out of all faucets (hot water) and is leaking from the sensor wells. Any ideas what may cause the leak and how to increase the pressure?

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Is it leaking at the threads or leaking from a weld?
    steve
    Kasia
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,517
    How old is it? I would remove the inlet and outlet fittings they are probably partially plugged. If it's leaking through the center of the well replace the well

If it's leaking from the well threads remove it clean the threads and re dope it and install. Based on what you see you may want to replace the tank
    Kasia
  • Kasia
    Kasia Member Posts: 3
    It is leaking from inside of the well, from the hole the sensor goes into.
    My gauge is also reading pretty high 40 psi on standby and the hot water pressure is extremely low, so low that my washer throws a code when washing in hot. Is this all because of the well?
  • Kasia
    Kasia Member Posts: 3
    The system is maybe 8 years old.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,844
    You washer inlet valves have fine screens that may be plugged. Supply hoses sometimes have screens as well. 
    How is the water pressure at faucets?
    Kasia
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,276
    Kasia said:

It is leaking from inside of the well, from the hole the sensor goes into.
    My gauge is also reading pretty high 40 psi on standby and the hot water pressure is extremely low, so low that my washer throws a code when washing in hot. Is this all because of the well?

No, the problem with the low pressure isn't because of the well. You could check what the static hot water pressure is if you can fit a gauge to an outlet, but the guys above are right -- either the inlet of the outlet or much more likely both is plugged up.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Kasia