Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What’s a good size for a shower

Options
adamspecter
adamspecter Member Posts: 1
Can you help me with what’s a good size for a shower if my water pressure is 0.5 and what things I need to consider before buying a shower? and if possible suggest me some showerheads as per my water pressure bar.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,280
    Options
    Um... say what? If I presume that "0.5" is your static water pressure in bars, rather than psi, even then there are no commercial showers which will do anything more than dribble, except for those designed for camping use. Can you clarify?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,845
    Options
    At 7 PSIG, look into getting the pressure higher with a holding tank.
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,290
    Options
    Hi, I remember that in Great Britain, they do have showerheads that can run on as little as 2 psi. These are designed for situations where the cistern in the attic is not very far above the showerhead. Finding one might be interesting. Do you know any plumbers in Great Britain? :p

Yours, Larry
  • dopey27177
    dopey27177 Member Posts: 887
    Options
    You can increase the water pressure in the building by installing a surge tank. an open surge tank with a pump to increase the building water pressure or a closed tank and and air compressor to build the a higher pressure in the building is a common method of increasing water pressure in a building,

Both systems require an engineer to design those systems and ofcourse a filing with the local building department.

Good luck with your shower.

Jake
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,833
    Options
    I think the size of the shower depends on how many people you are planning on taking a shower with
    at the same time.
    At which point the water pressure may not be an issue.

Just my two cents

Mr. Ed
    >:)
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    JakeCK
  • JDHW
    JDHW Member Posts: 73
    Options
    @""Larry Weingarten"
    Is sort of right. You can get showers that run off low pressure but they are more like going out when it is raining a bit.

The storage tank in the loft and and indirect hot water tank for the hot water is quite common system in the uk but most people add a booster pump to the hot and cold to get to a pressure where shower is an accurate description.

Have a look at https://www.screwfix.com/c/bathrooms-kitchens/shower-pumps/cat820270

These pump can only be connected to a system with a storage tank isolated from the mains water.

John.