Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A Timeline of HeatingHelp.com

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 635
edited August 2017 in THE MAIN WALL
A Timeline of HeatingHelp.com

A visual timeline of how HeatingHelp.com has looked over the years.

Read the full story here

RomanGK_26986764589Tinman

Comments

• rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Well, I can definitely remember back to the 1999/2006 look. And, I have the traveling wet head cassettes!. It would be fun to know who was on back then.
    I had a hard time when the site changed in 2014, but I like it a lot now. Major kudos to all you have done for us.
    Keep up the good work Erin.
    Rick
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    Thanks, Rick!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • ColinW
    ColinW Member Posts: 3
    I remember the '99 look and spent countless hours into the wee hours of the morning engrossed in better learning the trade(s) and my craft(s). I will be eternally grateful to you parents for all I've learned from them, and the multiple personalities that offered there knowledge, critiques, and became personal friends.
    Thanks for continuing this great work Erin. There is a new generation that I refer your dads books and information to at least weekly.
    Thanks again!
    SD's Wet Head Cowboy
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • suemar
    suemar Member Posts: 1
    Erin, it's nice to see the progression of web design styles through the years. Congratulations on this milestone and thanks for sharing.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Thanks, @ColinW and @suemar!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    What beautiful blast from the past !!!
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Thanks, @David Sutton_6.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    Still the best forum to hang out on!!

Thank you!!
    Erin Holohan HaskellCanuckerLarry Weingarten
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    The first website reminds me of the saying " One Last time down the Wall ! " toward the end of the night ..
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    Good heavens. I recognize the 1996 to 2006 look. Have I really been hanging here that long?

Seems like just yesterday I found this site... and the wonderful group of people who hang out here. It's not just the expertise, it's just good folk and good talk. And it's not only the best forum to hang out on -- it's now the only one I do.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    rick in Alaska
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    I don't remember 1997-1999. Must have been before my time LOL
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    2nd generation staying power! Thanks for the memories ☘️
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,574
    1999-2014 look similar enough that I can't tell when I started coming here. I suspect it was the 199-2006 time frame when I was trying to figure out how to charge an AC system with a very slow leak in the quick connect connectors. Didn't see the instructions on how they are supposed to be tightened to make a metal to metal seal until a few months ago on here. I think I had started reading before asking that question after seeing one of @DanHolohan 's articles in Old House Journal.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    That’s awesome. Saw Frank from Philly in there. Miss the guy. RIP Frankie.
    Steve Minnich
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    edited October 2021
    Perhaps 2 years ago, I went back 100+ pages to read the wall.
    There was a posting of everyone introducing themselves; who, what, when, and where.
    Some included their brief resumes.
    Total of 40-50 people maybe.

You state you now have over 35,000 subscribers? really? that would be several pages of resumes for sure.
    I would guess most are just readers, some with a few postings.
    But still, that is an impressive number for a heating site.

I read another heating website also, it is not nearly as helpful as Heating Help.com.
    They will close a discussion if there is any DIY involvement....for liability reasons is the claim.

I, and others, have told some HO's that they are in over their heads and do not go any further in "fixing" something and call in a pro.

BTY, Erin, will you ever add points for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure? ;)
    That is a real can of worms, isn't it.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    One of the things, @JUGHNE , which makes The Wall dangerously nearly unique, if not actually unique, is that the core contributors -- the real pros (and they know who they are) -- are not in it to demonstrate how clever they are, or how professional, but come here with a genuine desire to help, as best they can, all comers. Yes, there are times when it is necessary to tell an ambitious DIYer that perhaps they would do better to call in a pro. Yes there are times when the frustration level in trying to figure out what some poor soul is really trying to describe, and from that what their problem really is, can get rather high. There are even times when it is necessary to tell someone -- politely, if possible -- to get lost.

But as a place where one can find people genuinely trying to help other people, with little thought for themselves... pretty fine, I'd say.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England