Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Please HEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

pupsdad
pupsdad Member Posts: 16
I need help reconnecting!!

My electrician came to install a new aquastat..... disconnected ALL of the wires to my furnace - triple aquastat- thermostats and zone valves. He left with some personal emergency 2 days ago and never came back and I can't reach him.

lux tx9600ts - 24v trans- taco 570 zone valve - oil furnace - L8124A1007 triple aquastat
- water tank

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    Say what? Did he label any of the wires? Reconnecting all of that properly (it's a boiler, by the way, not a furnace) really is a job for a knowledgeable HVAC tech., not an electrician -- and you need one. It's much too easy to get things hooked up wrong, and the best outcome would be it doesn't work... the worst would be you could end up damaging some kind of expensive stuff...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    IronmanSTEVEusaPA
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,575
    or burning the house down or blowing it up if a safety is bypassed and the thing that safety protects against happens.
  • pupsdad
    (Agreed) All the wires are connected to their respective parts and easily traceable so knowing what wire to what isn't my issue. which wire to which is my issue.
  • pupsdad
    all the kill switches are connected and working fine. it's everything past those I'm screwed on
  • pupsdad
    Now that the obvious has been covered is anyone willing to respond with anything helpful?
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Does this help?
  • pupsdad
    not even a little
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    @pupsdad

Can you post some pictures? Do you have a test meter? Where are you located?
  • pupsdad
    oddly enough though I have one of those on hand. it's one of the parts for the radiant flooring that's supposed to be installed when we rehab the basement.
  • pupsdad
    I have a test pen. right above the BOILER. 1 lux to the 1st floor, water tank stat, 24 vl trans,
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
     There are too many variables, without actually being on site to see what’s actually there, you may be grasping for something that’s not gonna happen.

I have a hard enough time when a technician calls with a simple control wiring problem trying to get it sorted out over the phone; trying to tell a HO over the internet is just not a good approach.

Where are you located? We may be able to recommend someone. 
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    STEVEusaPA
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    pupsdad said:

Now that the obvious has been covered is anyone willing to respond with anything helpful?

I honestly don't think that anyone would be willing to suggest connect x to y without looking at it. Way too much liability. Sorry.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • pupsdad
    Ya. it makes sense. Just can't get anyone out here for 2 more days so just desperately trying to figure out what to do for heat and baths for the kids.
  • pupsdad
    I was just hoping I could find someone that could run me a diagram if I gave them the list of parts. I figured it was a long shot but still have to try.
  • pupsdad
    Central NH
  • mattmia2
    You could try the triple aquastat instructions to see if there is a wiring example with your components but it would be up to you to be very sure of what is hooked to what and there are some safeties that should be tested to make sure they cut the burner when you are done.
  • mattmia2
    the taco570 confuses me and i'm an ee. some confusing trickery with trying to save a wire...
    PC7060
  • HVACNUT
    This is about as simple as it gets.
    The starting point is R or 24v at the transformer to R at the thermostat. 
    C on the transformer to 2 on the zone valves. 
  • pupsdad
    Do I use jumpers going from 2-2 or nut together. What about the green from the thermostat? The zone valve for the water tank has 3 wires but thermostat for the water tank has 2. Is the other transformer even needed with the triple stat? There's literally 1 3 wire thermostat and zone valve for the house and 1 for the water tank.
    HVACNUT
  • HVACNUT
    Unfortunately you're out of your depth on this and need someone with control wiring knowledge to do the work. 
    mattmia2STEVEusaPAPC7060
  • mattmia2
    So the end switch connects to 1 and 3 and whatever the end switch is powering must be powered by the thermostat? This gets much more confusing when there are multiple xfmrs involved like with zones off a hot water loop off a steam boiler.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    First of all, what happened to the last one that you need a new one?

Just get someone who knows what they are doing. Your full service oil company can easily get you up and running, unless of course you only use discount companies with no service.
    steve
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    Was your electrician a self employed one man shop or did he work for/with some company?
    If you can get in contact with him, he may have a buddy who is capable to finish the job.

I have been in his shoes in the past and was able to contact someone to finish what I started before the personal emergency.
  • pupsdad
    I figured it out. I found out my brother in-law has a friend that works for a local PROFESSIONAL HVAC company. I put it together and dropped him a few buck to swing over to look it over before I started anything up. He was both appalled at how the last guy left it and impressed that I had it 99% together properly. He said ALL of the same things and more you guys did....Now my MAJOR water issue is trying to get my 2 boys to take a bath, lol. Thanks All. I appreciate you taking your time to help.
    mattmia2IronmanHVACNUTSuperTech
  • pupsdad
    for those wondering about the 1% it was just him busting my balls about forgetting to put the batteries back in the thermostat