Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

When Luck Fails You

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 635
edited July 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
imageWhen Luck Fails You

When luck checks out, it’s time for critical thinking to check in. Go back to what you know for sure and ask that question: What changed? And then ask that second question: What can cause that to happen?

Read the full story here

Comments

• blue3
    blue3 Member Posts: 4
    Luck is when opportunity meets readiness. Always!
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,177
    Kind of my ruling guide in troubleshooting...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    "pretend your inside the pipe" probably the best tip I learned from @DanHolohan . I think of that one all the time
  • dopey27177
    dopey27177 Member Posts: 887
    Do what I did!

When in doubt don' run about go back to the simple book to refresh your memory. I used Dan's book (kept in my car) The Steam Book a Primer for The Non Engineer Installer.

When I went to jobs with problems I some times went looking for the big problem not all the little ones that made a system look like there was some thing big happening. This was because I was so full of myself that missed what was happening. I needed a pause in my thinking because I lost site of steam talks to you so I went to the book to ground myself and was able to do my job and correct the problems.

Jake