Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

new boiler circulation issue

nytech28
nytech28 Member Posts: 67
hello I had a visit on a brand new boiler that was relocated to another location from the original place  , has two circulation pumps for the  1st & 2nd flr , but no hot water circulation to either floors baseboards, after confirming theres no issue with pumps ,I tryed bleeding air at the boiler ,but am not getting any water returning back to boiler from either zones when I open hose bibs on the return piping , the owner temporary  has electric heaters installed to warm house.any recommendations would help to solve this issue,plz see pictures of the piping & boiler ,plz update 

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    Funny , I see a BFP but no PRV ?
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • chuckadoo
    chuckadoo Member Posts: 30
    I would try purging system with a pool pump purge set up. Pex has high head loss, and has many high and low spots due to sag. Are those taco 005 circulators? Maybe circulators cannot push the air out of all unvented high spots in pex?
  • MaxMercy
    MaxMercy Member Posts: 507
    edited March 2021
    Have you (can you) bleed at the radiators instead of at the boiler?

Amateur question here, but isn't that unsupported expansion tank and circulator arrangement putting a ridiculous load on the boiler casting?
  • What is that green wire doing? Or is it tubing?

You will have to add some valves to purge properly.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • bucksnort
    bucksnort Member Posts: 167
    What's up with the 90 degree fittings on the PEX? All they needed to do was bend the PEX, not restrict it further. Looks like Planned Parenthood installed that unit.
    Zmannytech28Henry
  • nytech28
    update on boiler issue from march 6 post, I installed air vents on baseboards for both zones & was able to vent out all air ,also I  installed  taco 0011 pump to get better circulation for the 1st flr,originall taco pump was 007 .I would say I dont like the way  the system was piped to many fittings no pipe support ,also spoke with manufacturer they recommend the supply & return being on the same side of the boiler ,being 20° outside ,I had to work with what was already there. Final result am getting good heat & a  happy  customer. I appreciate everyone responding to my post.I tryed explaining it in simple terms ,hope this helps me & you guys as well.thanks

MaxMercy
  • nytech28
    What is that green wire doing? Or is it tubing? You will have to add some valves to purge properly.
    it's my pipe clamp thermometer to check return water temp

• nytech28
    edited March 2021
    MaxMercy said:
    Have you (can you) bleed at the radiators instead of at the boiler? Amateur question here, but isn't that unsupported expansion tank and circulator arrangement putting a ridiculous load on the boiler casting?
    yes to many things not rite I got them heat in the cold weather, but needs further work.
  • nytech28
    Zman said:
    Don't take the wrong way but.... You are attracting the wrong kind of customer. Both this one and your previous post were installed by totally incompetent people. https://forum.heatinghelp.com/discussion/181049/zone-pipe-work#latest I would recommend walking away from this unless the are willing to pay you to make this right.
    I do remember the previous post, I do have an updated pipe arrangement that will be installed on the new  boiler once the homeowner is ready to install new boiler.thanks 
  • nytech28
    MaxMercy said:
    Have you (can you) bleed at the radiators instead of at the boiler? Amateur question here, but isn't that unsupported expansion tank and circulator arrangement putting a ridiculous load on the boiler casting?
    I installed air vents which removed air.
    MaxMercy
  • nytech28
    edited March 2021
    chuckadoo said:
    I would try purging system with a pool pump purge set up. Pex has high head loss, and has many high and low spots due to sag. Are those taco 005 circulators? Maybe circulators cannot push the air out of all unvented high spots in pex? 
    taco 007 upgreded.to taco 0011 ,made big difference.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,717
    edited March 2021
    Big Ed_4 said:

Funny , I see a BFP but no PRV ?

And the vent opening is properly capped to prevent the water from leaking out too. NOT
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    Rich_49