Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hooking up vision pro 8000 with redlink to carlin pro x 70200

Hey so last year right before the start of the pandemic I purchased a new Honeywell Vision Pro redlink tstat, a Honeywell EIM, and redlink compatible indoor sensor. I am going to have a heating pro do the job but like to have all of the parts purchased and ready to go to limit cost and time needed to set stuff up, also to avoid price gauging which is common in the city and area I am in. We have 2 wire thermostat wire that runs up along the wall of the stair way(can easily replace that with modern 5 wire if needed), what else do I need to hookup this thermostat and wireless sensor to my carlin pro x 70200 here is the current setup. Do I need to have a transformer for the c wire installed.

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    With the EIM, you can power it separately from the burner with an xfrmr & use the two wires to power the thermostat (from the EIM).
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,159
    The only thing that gets connected to the Carlin is the thermostat call output, to T-T. There is no hot 24 VAC output, nor common, available.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • thatguyinunit6
    thatguyinunit6 Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2020
    Awesome so wire the thermostat call output on EIM to the TT and thermostat to the EIM? Do you have a recommendation for the transformer I should buy for the EIM? Is there anything else I might want to buy?
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    Any 24 VAC 40 VA transformer with the correct primary taps will work fine. IIRC the power to the EIM is the 'R' & 'C' on the top right—power only them from the xfrmr. Remove the 'RC'–'RH' jumper on the EIM outputs & land the burner call on 'RH' & 'W1'.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Seems like a lot of technology for an ancient equipment.
    steve