Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heatmaker Mark II water tank replacement

My water tank from my heatmaker Mark II is leaking. The boiler is still working however it is dripping into my house and I called a plumber and he told me that I need a new boiler unless I could find the parts which is a Tank for heatmaker Mark 2

Comments

• Heatmaker? Whew! ............that's pretty old, no? I believe they were bought out by Laars. Replacement parts will be hard to find - maybe eBay.

At this point, I'd replace the boiler to give yourself some peace of mind.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    kcopp
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    Even if you can find the parts the hassle of installing them is not worth it. There is no guarantee that a new tank will go back together leak free or that in by pulling the unit apart you will not create more of an issue... Sorry to say but i would look at a new boiler. If its natural gas you more than likely will qualify from a rebate on a new unit... Where you at?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    You may be able to find the parts, but why? The heat exchanger and control board will be failing soon enough.
    The heatmaker is probably on every boiler guys list of top 10 worst boilers of all time.
    Your heatmaker must be at least 20 years old, I would recommend replacing it before it leads you into a money pit.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein