Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Runtal radiators

Options
Anybody ever have a clogged in a Runtal Radiator. The clog is near the radiator itself. Pipes flushed perfectly with little black stuff not much. This is a horizontal baseboard, 7ft long, 8" tall, (3) 2inch bars.
These are in kitchen, rest of radiators are tall cast iron. 

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    It would be tough to clog the radiator. Does it have a TRV? Is it air
    locked.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • PaulWojnicki
    PaulWojnicki Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Working on it as we speak. Runtal radiators are made out of thick sheet metal. The 2" bars are thin maybe 1/4 thick inside dimension, at the ends of the radiators are about 1" square tubing, they cap one end the other has the pipe thread. The bars are attach to the square tubes and each bar has 2 small tubes maybe 1/2" ,very short to flow water into the bars. So far I can't get 45 psi thru the radiator from either direction. I now have it in the yard and will tackle it with my trusty coat hanger and compressed air. 
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,132
    Options
    Is there a valve at either connection.?Sometimes there is a service valve on one end, and a thermostatic valve on the other, make sure they are open.
    IF you have enough sludge to plug a radiator like that, you need a good power purge, and add a magnetic DirtMag.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Zman