Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Empire Direct Vent Wall Heater model DV215 LP Gas

jez21258
jez21258 Member Posts: 28
I replaced my gas valve, took apart the main Lp gas burner cleaned it all out. Replaced all the gaskets, new pilot tubing etc. The main burner does not burn like it use to only small flame across the burner. Is there a way to turn up the gas pressure on the gas valve. I have contacted Empire many times but they do not answer my E mails...

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    That MUST be set to manufacturers specs using a manometer.

Why did you replace the gas valve?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • jez21258
    I was not getting any gas at the pilot to lite it
  • jez21258
    I took the whole heater apart to clean out all of the bee hives from the flue etc
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,140
    This sounds like the gas valve is not converted for use with LP. You need a technician who has the tools to properly set up a gas valve and diagnose combustion and ignition issues.
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,426
    edited May 2020
    I know that you want to do this yourself, but it should be left to a professional who has the training. Gas valves usually come in a natural gas setup and sometimes with a LP conversion kit, which consists of a spring, cap and LP sticker.

Making a LP conversion requires a measuring instrument. Changes in pressure on a two stage LP sys is done at the house regulator. Manifold burner pressure is done at the gas valve. This all has to be measured.

Manufacturers don't want to talk to homeowners and only to contractors for liability reasons. Most homeowners are as dumb as a hen's egg, but not you of course. Hire a professional with the tools and training. Someone who can check your sys and may see things that aren't visible to you.
  • jez21258
    I bought the new gas valve from the dealer who sells The Empire DV215 , I would have thought that they would have sent an LP Gas Valve
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    What is the make and model number of the gas valve? A picture would help along with how the piping is set up from the LP tank to the heater.