Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

dunkirk condensating dcb 165 wall mount High Efficiency boiler error 128

NotAgain
NotAgain Member Posts: 2
boiler ran fine after new install in October, now error 128 loss of flame appears every 2-3 days? Could the sensing electro have gone bad already, would it cause this code? Gas pressure is fine. Mbh is 175, no flue clogs.

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    do you know if the unit had a combustion testing done when it was started up and if the installer had gone through the start up check list ,combustion and gas pressure testing aside from programming the controller correctly for the type of system you have . I think you should call the installing company and have them do as I have suggested . Most likely the flame sensor is dirty and needs to be clean and if the combustion is off it will foul the sensor . Peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
    Zman
  • NotAgain
    NotAgain Member Posts: 2
    Thanks clammy. I am the installer. I am hesitant to pull the sensor without a replacement gasket. We followed start up procedure to a T and been in contact w the company to change certain parameters. The boiler is natural gas. We r gonna re check combustion readings on Monday to see is anything has changed but all were in speck upon fire up.
  • zachgabai
    zachgabai Member Posts: 4
    I also have a dcb-165 with 128 faults every few days and performed the combustion calibration. So frustrating with another text from the owner last night.
  • zachgabai
    Does anyone have updates on resolution?
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Have you gone to the I/O manual and followed the diagnostic flow chart?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • zachgabai
    I've reached out to ECR and will update.
  • zachgabai
    Worst boiler .I’m texting now with a customer with a 128 fault. Went through startup and later had ecr come out to change parameters. 6 months later 128 again.
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,022
    Not familiar with this brand, but condensing boilers in general I would do the following

Loss of flame signal is rarely the fault of a manufacturer, unless you count a fouled flame sensor as a defect. I have seen some boilers that are set up poorly that will foul the sensor at least once a year, sometimes twice, verify that the sensor is not fouled up, simply changing it and having the issue re-occur months later is not sign that the flame sensor is not the issue, if its running poorly the flame sensor will become fouled again. Likewise check the flame sensor gap to the burner, and if the burner has mesh on it verify the mesh is intact, sometimes you can clean the mesh with compressed air

Check that gas pressure is within spec, this includes running a whole house gas load test, checking incoming gas pressure on ignition (if you see a 1" wc drop at ignition you have supply issues) check the high lockup pressure (run boiler at high fire and shut it down, record the high lockup reading) Set up combustion properly with an analyzer, verify that there is no flue gas recirculation, this can be tricky as wind changes things daily, but if the 2 pipes are near one another they are probably recirculating