Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco VT2218 OverVoltage

Options
BenW0j
BenW0j Member Posts: 2
edited January 2020 in Thermostats and Controls
Hi Everyone,

I currently have my TV2218 circulator hooked up to a ZVC406 and recently I've been getting a AC input overvoltage error on my circulator. What should I be looking at that may be causing this error?

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I think the first step would be to check your voltage. While you are at it, make sure the neutral is good, it should have continuity to ground and should not show voltage when isolated. If your voltage and neutral are normal, a call to tech support would be in order.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    STEVEusaPA
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 706
    Options
    The VT2218 is a great pump. Contact Taco Tech Support at 401-261-4890 for help with that product. Not sure how you have it connected to ZVC control
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
    SuperTech
  • SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 234
    Options
    As Zman said, check your incoming voltage. You might be experiencing voltage spikes causing the over voltage error code. Also check the connection going to the pump. Any questions please call into Taco Tech Support @ 401-942-8000
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,139
    Options
    Do you have a mod con boiler? Most will alert you to an out of tolerance voltage issue. It would help run down if it is a supply issue.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • vmluis
    vmluis Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Did anybody figure this out. Running Utica 97gb boilers and boiler 1 connects to VT2218 and recently getting same AC Input Over Voltage errors as well. creates havoc with my nests and always need to restart boilers.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,284
    Options
    First thing I do with an overvoltage situation -- particularly if it is more than one appliance or I see any flickering of lights at all -- is to go back to the panel and start checking all my neutral and ground connections. All of them. Surprising how often you find loose or missing neutrals and grounds -- or ground to neutral jumpers where they don't belong, or missing in the one place they do belong... then follow through to the appliances -- and not just the one showing odd codes.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    daklein