Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Using Nest with air handlers

Options
I have 2 Mitsubishi unit sez kd12na4r1.th each connected to it's own nest thermostat in our house. I am having issue cooling the house down as it constantly stays at 70f during the course of the night. Do I need to play with settings

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    edited March 2020
    Options
    This Mitsubishi unit is not compatible with Nest Learning Thermostats. the indoor and outdoor units communicate with a 2 or 3 wire communication protocol. There should be a Mitsubishi wired remote control that acts as a thermostat on your wall.

Nest thermostat is designed for non communicating systems that use industry-standard wiring that operates relays as follows:
    R terminal is for 24v. AC power
    C terminal is for 24v. AC common
    Y terminal is connected to R on a call for cooling
    W terminal is connected to R on a call for heat
    G terminal is connected to R on a call for fan operation
    The heat pump operation is slightly different. but uses the same principle to connect R terminal to various other terminals or operate reversing valve solenoid and relays for fan and compressor.

I'm interested in how you connected the Nest to the Air handler?!?

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• samosa
    samosa Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I used Mitsubishi PAC-US444CN-1 along with
    RIAD MAGNETICS VPL24-210
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,628
    Options
    Turn off the Nest learning/auto scheduling & set it to hold one temperature, to see how it acts. If it can hold temperature like that, it kind of points to an interaction between the Mitsubishi control algorithm & the Nest learning function.
    STEVEusaPAsamosa