Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What the heck is wrong with Honeywell?

Options
13»

Comments

• D107
    D107 Member Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Ho here. On advice from this site, got a Honeywell T6 Pro (TH6210U2001) currently at supply house for not much more than you paid for your unit, all sorts of bells and whistles. have had it for entire heating season: excellent.
    SuperTech
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,843
    Options
    > @D107 said:
    > Ho here. On advice from this site, got a Honeywell T6 Pro (TH6210U2001) currently at supply house for not much more than you paid for your unit, all sorts of bells and whistles. have had it for entire heating season: excellent.

One of the BEST of the Bells and Whistles is that you can program it to have no Bells and Whistles.
    Heat only
    No program schedule.
    No fan button.
    No sweat.
    D107SuperTechBillyO
  • Hap_Hazzard
    Hap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,846
    Options
    I ended up getting a used Honeywell CT87A thermostat. I found one on ebay for $18. It's a round, analog thermostat with a mercury switch and an anticipator. I've had it installed for a few weeks now, and I'm very happy with it. The weather hasn't been super cold since I installed it, but it seems to keep the temperature very steady. Unless you're really paying attention, you don't even notice the heat's on.
    Just another DIYer | King of Prussia, PA
    1983(?) Peerless G-561-W-S | 3" drop header, CG400-1090, VXT-24
    rick in Alaska
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @ChrisJ - Tell us about that AC you installed. Did it meet your minimum expectations? You seem to want it both ways here? 😎
    Miss me on FB? 😂
    Steve Minnich
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,723
    Options
    > @Steve Minnich said:
    > @ChrisJ - Tell us about that AC you installed. Did it meet your minimum expectations? You seem to want it both ways here? 😎
    > Miss me on FB? 😂

Performance wise yes, build quality wise no and the problems stunk.

Im confused though, I want what both ways?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Tinman
    Options
    @Hap_Hazzard has the expectation that his thermostat should be reasonably accurate. Being 5 degrees off falls way short of that, so he has every right to voice his displeasure. 5 degrees off is simply unacceptable when you're trying to control an indoor environment.

You also had expectations of your product that fell short.

You feel it's ok to gripe about your product and rightfully so, but it's not ok for him.
    Steve Minnich
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,723
    Options
    > @Steve Minnich said:
    > @Hap_Hazzard has the expectation that his thermostat should be reasonably accurate. Being 5 degrees off falls way short of that, so he has every right to voice his displeasure. 5 degrees off is simply unacceptable when you're trying to control an indoor environment.
    >
    > You also had expectations of your product that fell short.
    >
    > You feel it's ok to gripe about your product and rightfully so, but it's not ok for him.

Maybe you're right.

Why did you leave FB again?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Tinman
    Options
    @ChrisJ Same reason as always, politics. Now, let’s get back to heating. .
    Steve Minnich
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,843
    Options
    I think its supposed to be a nice day tomorrow.