Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

COFFEE BREAK !!!!!!

Options
Jackmartin
Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
I am posting an episode from last week and I am still laughing, my wife says Im just evil;I’m not it was funny. Last week we actually got a taste of winter, finally, - 35 and about time. We got a job to change out a heat exchanger on an ancient mammoth roof top unit, I did not know any of these things still existed. The job site was a big box store and all the other units have been changed over, this one was only for storage. This unit was built back in the days of ,we are going to make this thing last at least a hundred years. I contacted our welding contractor because the heat exchanger was welded to the unit struts with angle iron and since they no longer produce the burner for these things ,we had to cut the old burner out and weld it into the new can. Our welder is excellent but, his helper not so much. I think he is his wife’s brother ,because otherwise this guy would have been down the road long ago. This man loves to drink coffee, I mean lots of coffee. We had been on the roof for about two hours in our parkas and insulted overalls because the wind was nasty. The welder arrived and we thought we might as well go for coffee break so we all trooped over to MacDonalds. We all ordered coffee, small size ,because we all know coffee has an effect on certain parts of your anatomy. The welders helper gets two extra large coffees and proceeds to drink both in about 20 minutes, we just looked at each other. On the roof and ,I swear ,the wind was stronger it was more like -40, a tad cool. We started back at it got the heat exchanger loose ,the crane showed up ,things were going well. I turn around to see the helper frantically pulling on his overalls zipper, I mean in desperation, and the reason you do not drink a lot of coffee on a cold day hit. I am staring at this man and I start to see a dark spot emerge in the leg of his overalls and become larger in area by the second. It would seem ,the zipper was jammed and when things have to happen ,they happen. The end of the day came and this guys right leg from waist down was frozen solid, sometimes nature just has to give you a kick to jump start your brain.
All the best Jack

SuperTechSolid_Fuel_Man

Comments

• Rich_L
    Rich_L Member Posts: 81
    Options
    I love my coffee too but as I age, I need to be very aware of my surroundings and bathroom locations for the above mentioned reasons! I don't think I've wet my pants in the last 55 years or so. I tell my apprentice, I'm too old, and also not old enough to wet my pants!
    SuperTech
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,627
    Options
    Some things, you just gotta learn from experience!

Or, you know, listen to someone else who knows what's going on.

SuperTech
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,861
    Options
    Certain things “don’t” get better with age b
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    The problem is, according to an old family friend doctor is the failure of the elasticity of our “expansion tanks”. Told to me by a doctor 40 years older than I, during a time when I had weekly lunches with others of the same age.
    They have all gone now, such is the problem of their advancing age.
    We know we will die, but the awful problem is in losing our old friends and relations.
    It is most important to keep contact with these old friends we have to beat the grim reaper.—NBC
  • BillyO
    BillyO Member Posts: 277
    Options
    SH!T Happens
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,166
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if his coveralls froze rather rapidly after the coffee induced accident. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if his genitals were frozen as well in such severe weather.
    BillyO
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    I've pee'd in many places on a jobsite. Vent pipes are a favorite on a huge roof with no site to ground. Basement floor drains, in the back 40 by a tree, by the van door whilst "getting parts", gas stations, school bathrooms, but never in my pants!
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbesratio
  • BillyO
    BillyO Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Nothing like sh!tt!ng your pants during the day. Makes for an interesting conversation with wife why she needs to keep ordering draws from Duluth 3 times a year