Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I would never get away installing a ductless like this

Hit the like button if you shake your head looking at this.

BillyOIronmanSuperTechdennis53Rich_L

Comments

• icy78
    icy78 Member Posts: 404
    Asia?
    Rich_L
  • AMservices
    AMservices Member Posts: 610
    Massachusetts north shore
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,616
    Hey, they used the nice support legs. Must not've been the cheap guy!
    BillyORich_L
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    Ha, look at the electric meters, looks like there's at least 3 of them to squeeze by. Guess they must have not had many options. Buildings must be old being that close together.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    edited February 2020
    The unit will shut down on high pressure error , besides that ,How did they do it :) ....I could not fit :)
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    @Big Ed_4

Not sure I could either......not sure I would want to try
  • AMservices
    AMservices Member Posts: 610
    In the installers defense, there was no other option.
    The right side of the house shares a wall with the neighbor, the roof is shingled and the backyard is the ocean. Literally, the waves crash against the house all day.
    I think I would have walked away if this was my only option, or made them sign something saying I'm not liable if it doesn't work.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,575
    maybe you assemble everything then slide it in there.

i don't think those meters have the required clearance
  • Kjmass1
    Kjmass1 Member Posts: 241
    Front clearance needed is 2’- ironically it probably runs just fine 99% of the time.
  • Big Ed_4
    Just checked the Fujitu manual Min 4" intake /8"front ... Hmmm closer then I thought...

• ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 851
    I'm guessing it works wonderful, and will never give them any trouble. If any of us installed it we'd be getting callbacks every single day and end up in court and go out of business.
    ratio
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    @ScottSecor

LOL, your right but.......

no, what will happen is it will work fine with no issues for about 5 years. When the homeowners then need service they will find the original installer is out of business.

One of us dummies will take on the task of fixing it which the coils will be plugged up, compressor red hot from tripping overload, bad condenser fan motor etc.

And their daughter is having her wedding on the beech in front of the house tomorrow and "when will you have it running" and it will be a disaster. And when we mention to the HO that the install is bad all you will here is that it ran fine for 5 years.
    Rich_L
  • Big Ed_4
    Tell me how you know that :)
    Rich_L
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    @Big Ed_4
    Experience, 46 years in the business similar to most of you I am sure
    Rich_L
  • ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 851
    @EBEBRATT-Ed I just chuckled out loud. There is so much truth to what you wrote, I'm always amazed how "those" jobs run perfectly for five years.

Maybe we're all dummies for not "going out of business" every five years, maybe your onto something....
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    @ScottSecor

LOL.
    There is another truism in this business that I don't get.

Other contractors seem to be able to throw a job in and walk away with no problems and when you look at it you know they didn't do it right........just slammed it in.

Me, I consider myself fairly picky but usually if it don't cross every T and dot every I it always comes back to haunt me
    ratioRich_Lepmiller