Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I guess there’s a reason why plumbers can charge so much...

124»

Comments

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Keep us posted on what Noritz comes up with.
  • CoryH
    CoryH Member Posts: 34
    Whelp, huge lesson learned for me. Always call customer service first. 5 minutes on the phone with them and we find it’s a sticky 3-way valve. Even sent me detailed instructions on how to specifically deal with it. The customer service at Noritz is freaking phenomenal Incase anyone was wondering. Now just to figure out if it’s faulty or if there’s goop in it
    Ironman
  • CoryH
    It’s not even the GD valve, it’s the motor that turn the valve...I feel so stupid. The worst part of it is my wife has been on my butt to call Noritz for over a week. I guess next time I will listen
  • CoryH
    @Gordy , @DanInNaperville , it gets better, turns out not even the motor is bad, the freakin wire to the motor came unplugged... this whole time all I had to do was plug a wire in...
    mattmia2IronmanSuperTech
  • Gordy
    Now let’s see how that secondary heats up!
  • CoryH
    @Gordy , it started heating immediately. My house is warm. It’s a gosh darn Christmas miracle, just a month late
    mattmia2SuperTechGordy
  • Gordy
    edited January 2020
    That’s good! Now you can see how internet trouble shooting can go in many different directions😂. A single wire😂

You go from butt kicked to top of the world in minutes flat! Kudos to Noritz tech support!

Keep us posted if there is any other issues @CoryH
  • CoryH
    Thank you to everyone for taking the time to help me
    IronmanSuperTechCanuckerratio
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    👍🏼👍🏼
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    At the very least by repiping it for the last time the pumps are right and everything will work great!! Well done!
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    mattmia2
  • DanInNaperville
    DanInNaperville Member Posts: 42
    Really glad you were able to fix it!
    It was pretty clear the issue was the boiler and not something that you had done.
    Stuff comes loose in shipping or gets missed during the build or a part is DOA.
    If they'd had a full wiring diagram in the manual (like almost every other boiler out there) it would have been a lot easier to diagnose and fix. At least their phone support sounds like it was excellent.
    Glad it's fixed!
  • PlumberBristol
    PlumberBristol Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2020
    This looks like a headache, I saw the title of this post and thought you might've been ripped off but this looks a lot worse, lol. Are plumbers charging more in your areas due to Covid-19? Had a customer call in and tell me a local plumber near me is charging double!? I've been knocking our rates down while this whole thing is going on to ensure people have enough money to spend on essentials. Sorry to change the subject but I wanted to know if anyone else had heard of this practice?

Kieran