Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

oilfurnace beckett with pump issue

giran99
giran99 Member Posts: 3
my oil furnace runs and gives me red light every few days and i bleed oil few 30 sec and system runs fine and again does the same thing every few day.i check all things and i can not fix it . and someone suggested that i should check my fuel pump screen/filter and gasket (pump suntec A2VA-7116.) SO I changed the screen/filter and gasket on my oil pump and now i have no oil coming from bleeder valve. any suggestion .

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,168
    There are so many possibilities... I'm sorry to have to say this, but I really can't recommend trying to diagnose and repair an ailing oil burner to someone without the necessary training and tools. So... if you want my advice, it's call a pro. time.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    giran99Robert O'Brien
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Did you put the pump screen gasket back on in the right orientation, and correctly?
    Initially it sounds like a vacuum leak, losing it's prime. But it could also be a restriction, and every time you open the bleeder it releases the restriction. It could also be your fuel pump is failing, specifically the cut-off is bad. Or a combination of the 2.
    Checking with pressure & vacuum gauges can help pinpoint the issue by your service provider.
    And a proper cleaning/PM and set up with a full combustion test would help.
    steve
    giran99
  • Alan Welch
    Alan Welch Member Posts: 266
    Does the burner have to lift the oil out of the tank? Dd you change the oil filter?
    giran99
  • giran99
    to Steve i did not know it has some kind of orientation when putting it back. i will check. it definitely vacuum leak issue. cuz oil tank is full and it only happened after screen change.

to Alan yes my pump pulls the oil from the tank main oil hose is form top and did change the oil filter on tank week ago think that will fix the issue. but now after changing screen and gasket i think i have vacuum leak . it not pulling the oil from tank.
  • BDR529
    BDR529 Member Posts: 281
    Call the Local service tech or whoever installed it unless it was you? If you did the install there will be other issues. This is not a hobby.
    giran99
  • giran99
    Thanks. my pump was on last leg.. i changed the oil pump and system worked fine..thanks again