Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell sv9641 lp gas valve NEED HELP

Brad007
Brad007 Member Posts: 7
edited November 2019 in Gas Heating
I just replaced a Honeywell sv9641 gas valve and converted it to LP I also changed the pilot assembly I am getting error code 6 I have 10.8 in WC on inlet of gas valve. The hot surface igniter lights three times and goes into lockout. I need some advice thank you

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    IIRC, these "Smart" valves have a tiny switch on them. Easy to inadvertently turn off.
  • Brad007
    The switch is in the on position
  • JUGHNE
    Is that valve specifically for LP or did you get HW kit for conversion? Is the pilot for LP?
    Could the pilot adjustment screw be set too low ?

You never get any pilot flame, is that right?
  • Brad007
    I had to covert the new gas valve to lp and the new pilot assembly is the same number as what was there. I adjusted the pilot screw and still had no gas coming through the valve
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    What exactly are you working on brand, model, pictures help. Some systems will have pressure switches that need to make before gas flow.
    D
  • Brad007
    Tempstar high efficiency furnace model n9mp1075b12b1 and serial A033090815
  • JUGHNE
    Can you increase the gas pressure to the valve?
    And a silly question, but is all the air out of the gas line?
    It takes a long time to purge thru the pilot burner for just seconds at a time.
  • DZoro
    Clear the pressure switches, tubing, condensate drains.
    D
  • Brad007
    Ok I will try this ... the problem I have is the new gas valve and pilot assembly is doing the same thing as it was when I first arrived on the call so the pressure switch my be the cause I will try blowing the lines out
  • JUGHNE
    edited November 2019
    CORRECTION:
    If the pressure switches are NOT satisfied the system usually will not continue in the starting sequence of ignition. IMO
    In any case it is good PM to clean hoses and ports on blower.
  • Brad007
    Can it be possible if the vac switch not opening be caused from the inducer housing cracked I have seen this when the code for vac switches appears.
  • DZoro
    Yes that's possible, cracks in the drain tubes were also a issue with those. I have also started to see some of those H/E fail. That is a builder grade furnace with aluminum H/E. They are barely making it to the 20 year mark.
    D
  • Brad007
    So that is why I am where I am the whole system runs the ignition starts but no gas for pilot it’s just as of the valve will not see the igniter is lighting
  • DZoro
    Hmm you should have pilot flame. Did you change out the entire pilot assembly or just the igniter?
  • JUGHNE
    I misstated above: If no pressure switch satisfied then ignition sequence would not start...........senior moment typing.

When you have seen the code for vac switches would you get HSI glowing. With that code the control does not see the inducer fan running and should not continue with the sequence. IMO
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    What are the number s on the Electronic Fan Timer? Is it a Honeywell ST9160? Is the pressure switch a SPDT or a SPST switch?