Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

what am i missing

Options
5pencer
5pencer Member Posts: 1
been trying to get my heater to work for the past month, called a service guy out and he couldn't get it to work I have replaced almost everything and still no success, at first it started with the boiler would kick on, ignite than turn off after a second of running, so I was told to replace the flame rod sensor, now it wont kick on at all and was told to replace to control board, replaced that and still no heat.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    That's mighty slim info. It's kinda like saying "my car won't start, so I replaced the battery and it still won't".

Make and model of boiler, any ancillary controls, etc. Pics of the boiler and controls would help.

Proper trouble shooting is done with instruments and a good DMM by a tech who knows how to use them. We'll try to help if you provide enough info, but without someone on site who can provide the needed readings, it's a guessing game, not a diagnosis.

One simple thing that you can check is the grounding path. It has to be solid from the boiler all the way back to the electric panel for the board to "see" there's a flame.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    STEVEusaPA
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    I think you'd be better off replacing the tech before you replace any more parts.
    DZoroIntplm.Ironman136lin