Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

When Minds Close

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 637
edited October 2019 in THE MAIN WALL

A guy I don’t know emailed me a question. He wanted to know if it’s true that all manufacturers stopped making cast-iron radiators back in the 1950s when I was watching “Howdy Doody.” He heard they were no longer available and hadn’t been for a very long time.

I wrote back and told him that this was not true, and that manufacturers continue to make and sell cast-iron radiators. They also still make cast-iron baseboard radiators. I included a link to one of the manufacturers’ product catalogs to prove my point. Radiators are alive and well.

He wrote back saying that he thought it was true that all manufacturers stopped making them in the ‘50s and that I was mistaken.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kickstand55
    Kickstand55 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    I haven't met Mr. Knucklehead personally, but it seems he does have a large relative population here in New Hampshire by the same sir name.
    They're breeding at an astronomical rate. SOS, send help! ;-}
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    Sounds a lot like many people on either end of the political spectrum. Thay’ve made up their minds and long listen to facts that support their point.
  • Liam659
    Liam659 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    When I was there, I really met people with that name but did not attach any importance to it. There are probably a lot of them.
    The battery pattern is beautiful, I liked it.
  • ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 855
    Options
    I have some family and friends with the same last name (Knucklehead). They ask for advice, you offer some, do some research for them to confirm your ideas, present the concept then they do the opposite. After this happens a few times I tend to get too busy next time they ask for advise. I'm one of those weirdo people that tends to do a lot of my own research then make a decision afterwards.
    Alan Welch
  • MikeL_2
    MikeL_2 Member Posts: 489
    edited October 2019
    Options
    The worse knuckleheads are those that have no regard for your truth, facts, or experience, and ask their questions until they find someone who agrees with their often misguided preconceived notions......
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    I've made up my mind, don't confuse me with facts.
    also:
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
    Intplm.