Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help locating a Pro near my area

HoqyRick
HoqyRick Member Posts: 1
clicking the Contractor in my Area link above comes up empty.
Can't be right, I am a bit less than 100 miles from Seattle, on Grays Harbor, maybe 50 miles west of Olympia.
We have a 1957 hot water circulation heat system, Crane baseboard heater registers, two main loops, two circulation pumps fed by a tankless water heater (not an oil boiler). The far end of the house is mostly cold and the circulation speed is only about 4 gpm.

I need a pro who knows these systems to figure out why half of it isn't working. I watched a you-tube video about purging air out of a system that seems similar, but enough different that I don't know how to start. Might have an expansion tank, but not like the one in the video. Might have spotted the city water fill but there are what look like two pressure regulators in sequence. The local plumbing shop that might have originally installed this system way back when, now shows no interest in looking at it.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,177
    Actually, it probably is right... sadly. We don't have too many folks on the left coast. (I do know the area -- my sister in law lives in Olympia -- been to Grays Harbor several times!).

Probably the best thing to do is to take some pictures of your system -- one or two from far enough back to show your boiler and the near boiler piping, and then some to show more detail of the piping, and a description of the expansion tank and any pumps and all. You'd be surprised -- I hope pleasantly -- but what we may be able to assist you with.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    While you are waiting for a recommendation for a local pro, post some pictures of your boiler, and it’s piping.
    A tankless water heater as such is not recommended for heating use because it is designed to make a small flow of water very hot, instead of a lot of water hot.
    Is it connected to your domestic hot water supply- (known as an open system)? If so it could be a breeding ground for bacteria-(see Legionnaires disease).—NBC
    Ironman