Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Greetings, Would like to hear which brand flat panel radiators are recommended and why.

Options
Flounder
Flounder Member Posts: 16
I have decided to go with flat panel radiators and would like to know which ones are good , ones to avoid , best quality for the buck and any other advice that might help my decision. I have a 1550sq.ft. home and according to the SlantFin heat loss calcs. I need 29,500 btu. I would also like to know more about over sizing for lower operating temps and if there is a formula for that. I am in Northern California where temps below 30f are rare. Thank you.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    edited August 2019
    Options
    You will see 2 types everywhere in the market. One is Buderus/Dianorm (and several other badges).They are distributed through local supply houses and are quite popular. I have found that the sizes are somewhat limited and they project from the wall several inches which can be objectionable to some clients.

Runtal is the other big player. Runtal distributes their product differently. My local supplier will not order them. The manufacture will direct ship or you can order online through supplyhouse.com. I like their low profile and flexibility of sizing.

With either option, the manufacture prints a table which tells you how to derate for lower water temps. If you are using a condensing boiler, you want to size them for 130 degrees or less on your design day.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    STEVEusaPAFlounder
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    try and find a brand stocked near you, they are a bear to ship without damage
    Pace Supply, Cal Steam are a couple hydronics suppliers near you
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Flounder
  • Flounder
    Flounder Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks zman & hot_rod for the help , good info.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 755
    Options
    Have used the Buderus on a few projects -- personal. There are rating at different water temps. I have always used the bypass fitting and the Danfoss head .. typically they go under a window.

The work very well -- the double thick panels have a mount that puts them away from the wall -- the single panels really don't and I have found they work better a little further out. I usually place a 5/4 strip vertical under each mount.

I used three of the doubles in my garage ... In my case I used PEX to interconnect.