Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Greetings, Would like to hear which brand flat panel radiators are recommended and why.

FlounderFlounder Posts: 14Member
I have decided to go with flat panel radiators and would like to know which ones are good , ones to avoid , best quality for the buck and any other advice that might help my decision. I have a 1550sq.ft. home and according to the SlantFin heat loss calcs. I need 29,500 btu. I would also like to know more about over sizing for lower operating temps and if there is a formula for that. I am in Northern California where temps below 30f are rare. Thank you.

Comments

• ZmanZman Posts: 4,969Member
    edited August 4
    You will see 2 types everywhere in the market. One is Buderus/Dianorm (and several other badges).They are distributed through local supply houses and are quite popular. I have found that the sizes are somewhat limited and they project from the wall several inches which can be objectionable to some clients.

Runtal is the other big player. Runtal distributes their product differently. My local supplier will not order them. The manufacture will direct ship or you can order online through supplyhouse.com. I like their low profile and flexibility of sizing.

With either option, the manufacture prints a table which tells you how to derate for lower water temps. If you are using a condensing boiler, you want to size them for 130 degrees or less on your design day.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • hot_rodhot_rod Posts: 11,608Member
    try and find a brand stocked near you, they are a bear to ship without damage
    Pace Supply, Cal Steam are a couple hydronics suppliers near you
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
  • FlounderFlounder Posts: 14Member
    Thanks zman & hot_rod for the help , good info.