Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bathroom Baseboard.

HotanCool
HotanCool Member Posts: 55
Any good suggestions for a high quality base board, that won't rust out as quickly from the high humidity and poor aim? You would think by now, manufacturers would of came out with a better product specifically for these issues.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Aluminum or plastic covers. Try the Slant Fin website
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,775
    In floor radiant
    Grallert
  • TomS
    TomS Member Posts: 62
    I replaced the baseboard covers in my bathroom with these plastic covers with good results.
    https://getneatheat.com/
    Intplm.
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,880
    I did the neatheat as @TomS suggests above in a kitchen with good results. I will be using it for kitchens and baths from now on.
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,137
    For what it's worth I have a cast iron radiatior in my bathroom that's been there since the fifties without a speck of rust. Paint works wonders. With cast iron I think the humidity from the average shower or bath is of no concern. Keep the boiler free of air and your aim at the bowl halfway decent and a radiator will last forever and withstand much worse abuse than any fin tube.
  • HotanCool
    HotanCool Member Posts: 55
    Thanks for the replies. I've seen the covers,i just don't like cover-ups,because the rust is still there underneath. It's my own house and since I'm in the trade,I have no problem removing what's there and replacing. But who knows,I might end up with the simple covers. My late spring/summer project. And since I need a new tankless coil, I'll be replacing the airscoop with a spirovent at the same time. And no room for an indirect,so it's a tankless I must go.
  • Jellis
    Jellis Member Posts: 228
    Have you looked into a towel warmer/radiator? They are stylish and should help with your "aiming" issue given you can mount it away from behind the toilet.
    HotanCoolSTEVEusaPA
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,880
    There are covers you can use like dummy heat baseboard that you can install and leave the fin tube in place. It's made of non rusting material. Google search it if what has been mentioned above does not suit your needs.
    HotanCool
  • brandonf
    brandonf Member Posts: 205
    I would move it to another part of the bathroom. I can't stand any kind of heating element next to the toilet. Lol
    Homeowner, Entrepreneur, Mechanic, Electrician,

"The toes you step on today are connected to the butt you'll have to kiss tomorrow". ---Vincent "Buddy" Cianci
  • Keith M
    Keith M Member Posts: 78
    Every foot of baseboard Slant/Fin now manufactures is galvanized under the paint. Residential baseboard is manufactured using pre-painted steel, so when the panels are formed the paint gets tiny cracks, and the rust generally started on these bends. when I first started working at Slant/Fin (25 years ago) we had an old engineer who used to recommend putting a good auto paste wax on baseboard going into bathrooms...he claimed that prevents rust.
    We do have the Revital/Line extruded aluminum cover where the old front cover and damper are removed before the Revital/Line is installed. If you are concerned about keeping the old rusty rear panel, I recommend just using a rust protection paint on that and then cover it with a Revital/Line product. You will not see the rusty metal that was painted.
    Personally, I would not worry about covering the rusty metal without painting it first. Just clean it if it is dirty to prevent smell when it heats up.
    Keith Muhlmeister
    Slant/Fin Corporation
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 643
    Panel radiator
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker