Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

spent a day on ten minute job

jumper
jumper Member Posts: 2,226
Changed kitchen faucet pull down hose. Couldn't get new one down the spout.
Couldn't even push a wire or small drain cable from either direction.
Tried for better part of day.
Finally removed fixture and with penlight saw that rotating spout opened a space in certain position.
Why?

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Cuz it's Friday.
    steve
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,951
    Think that we have all had those types of days. More then we care to remember. I call them tuition jobs. That's how we learn.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,159
    edited May 2019
    If that was your first rodeo, welcome to the club... been there, done that. More than once.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • jumper

Think that we have all had those types of days. More then we care to remember. I call them tuition jobs. That's how we learn.

Should have I tied wire to old hose before pulling it out and then use the wire to pull new one in? How about cutting head off old hose and somehow attach new hose and then pull from underneath sink?

Or did I learn to never again install that kind of fixture again?

• Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,880
    Because you had it in your head that it would only take 10 min. when you started.🤨

Maybe use the old one to lace the new one through the spout.?
  • What was the brand name? I have never had that problem with Grohe, Kohler, Moen.......

But each manufacturer has many models and they keep adding and changing. Thanks for giving us a heads-up. Something to look out for.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • jumper

What was the brand name? I have never had that problem with Grohe, Kohler, Moen.......

But each manufacturer has many models and they keep adding and changing. Thanks for giving us a heads-up. Something to look out for.

Danze. Those modifications and new parts' numbers; more annoyances. My guess is that some piece of something found its way into the bowels of the faucet during assembly.