Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler not big enough?

Options
Hi all,

Was at a client's home today and was informed that on a recent service the tech had read a page in the manual that indicated the boiler is undersized.
Viessmann Vitodens boiler was installed (with a heat loss calc.) in new construction circa 2006 and has performed silently and reliably since then.
I haven't read the manual lately but cannot imagine what the tech thinks he saw that indicates the boiler is undersized.
I think I would know by now if the house didn't heat properly as I supervised the construction and installation and got paid for it.
Client is regularly informed that they sell Triangle Tube.
What is going on here?

s

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,323
    Options
    It heats the building? The occupants are happy with the temperature and all that?

Then the tech either misread the manual (quite possible)_ or misinterpreted it (also possible) or is trying to sell something... also possible.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    kcoppSuperTech
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    What could he have read "on a Page" in the manual that would speak to the specifics of this home? Are their written notes in that manual from the original installer?
    rick in Alaska
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    Options
    So they are printing heat loss of every house in the manuals now? I'd really hate to see those manuals.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,965
    Options
    Was there a addition added to the home?
    Either way, it's tough to argue with success. And success since 2006 ! isn't something I could question.
    Is the customer some how fixated on this? If so, snap them out of it. The system is working great. So, great!
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,166
    Options
    He's a sales tech. Just ignore the salesman techniques. First time it breaks down he will try to condemn the boiler.