Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Needing tech support from Lennox

Our service techs recently went to a customer's house. They have a Lennox furnace. When they tried to contact Lennox for tech support, they were told we were not approved to work on their furnaces. (We are a supplier of Propane and thus service our customers.)
I cannot get through to Lennox. Can anyone shed any light on getting support from Lennox?

Comments

• Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Hello, Might this help? https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Lennox

Yours, Larry
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,140
    Just lie to them and tell them that you are from the Lennox dealer in your area. That's what I did after I stopped working for a company that sold Lennox. They might ask you for the company phone number.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    r
    SuperTech said:

Just lie to them and tell them that you are from the Lennox dealer in your area...

I wouldn't do that. Maybe they just wanted to talk to a tech and not a homeowner.

steve
    pecmsg
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    edited March 2019
    As a former Carrier tech support person I can say what Lennox did was wrong.

Now I can't say the way Carrier does it now but back then we had a tiered system, where if you had our factory training and sold a lot of equipment you would be a platinum dealer and you came first in the call system, then gold, silver, and others.

If I got someone who wasn't in the system we would usually help them if they sounded legit and try to offer them factory training or plug our upcoming seminar, the goal is to increase sales and train tech's, if you don't train and support tech's they won't install and service your equipment properly and you could get a bad name and lose more sales than you realize.

We had a lot of clowns and homeowners try to get in but without having the proper lingo or basic knowledge you get nothing from me, once a guy said "your unit is defective" 8 year old unit mind you, I said what's wrong? "the blower won't run" , what's the voltage reading going to it? " I don't know",............where's your meter?...."uh.....in the truck"...excellent , get it check for voltage and call us back if you need further assistance
    SuperTech
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Seems to be more common. Lennox was usually the worst at non dealers getting help. Some of our local distributor based tech reps only would take to their own, others would help non dealers. I think it makes a brand look bad when the dealer they want to use is turned away from support. Locally the Carrier distributor told me where to go when trying to get some Infinity support. But the tech rep at Bryant distributor invited a couple of our guys to his class. Guess who I bought parts & supplies from! On the other hand, some contractors would prefer their distributor not help non dealers to support them. Hard to say which is right. As we get into high end stuff, without training, a tech will likely have to walk away and send the HO to a trained Brand X tech to work on an inverter unit.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    I heard chatter on another forum that Carrier is charging $100 for a call. I’m a FAD so no money for me
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Carrier and Lennox equipment should have free tech support for life, since both companies seem to come up with very “unique” designs. Considering how they abandon these designers, I think it’s more of a solution in search of a problem rather than innovation. We just refer to both as “junk” as we tell a customer homie much the part costs or how much extra labor just to get to an igniter or change an inducer.