Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Full Time HVAC Technical Support Manager

Stony Brook University is looking for a full time HVAC Technical Support Manager to join our team. If you are a highly-motivated individual who enjoys working with hands-on technicians then please login to the University’s job posting and submit your resume today!

Job Link: www.stonybrook.edu/jobs
HVAC Technical Support Manager - 1803267

We are looking for someone who can help the University’s HVAC department educate and develop the next generation of HVAC technicians and succeed and advance in their career.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to transition in their career.
Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of directly related full-time experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience operating and maintaining industrial/commercial HVAC equipment
• See Job Posting Link for additional notes.
Preferred Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Facilities Management.
• Experience conducting technical training sessions to a group and hands-on 1-on-1 training.
• Strong computer skills
• See Job Posting Link for additional notes.
Brief Description of Duties:
• Develop and implement a training program.
• Conduct on-site training for HVAC department.
• Provide technical support for the HVAC department.
• Assist in the development of specifications, sketches, cost estimates for HVAC projects.

• See Job Posting Link for additional notes at www.stonybrook.edu/job. Look under HVAC Technical Support Manager - 1803267

Work Hours: 7:00am – 3:30pm
Salary: $80,000 - $90,000

Benefits:
Excellent NYS benefit package including medical and pension.
Part of the United University Professions Union.

About Stony Brook:
Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. SBU is a comprehensive research-intensive university and a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), which includes 34 public universities among its 62 members. SBU consists of 12 schools and colleges and a teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art healthcare in the Long Island region.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    And I blow that salary away just going from home to home (along the scenic eastern L.I
    forks) fixing and maintaining. All the while whistling happily.
    SBU is a fairly large campus with I'm sure a lot of pneumatics and obsolete equipment.
    For that kind of responsibility (if I was experienced) I'd demand mid six figures, full medical, company truck, free college for my kids, and free parking at the hospital.
    After 5 years I get the key to the pharmacy.
    Its south of rte. 25A so the whole "scenic north shore" thing doesn't work. Battling the 347/ Nichols rd intersection twice a day, every day is worth 90K by itself.
    Maybe if you wrote "5 minutes to the mall".
    Intplm.SuperTech
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    @HVACNUT - I think you may have a future in writing. 😎
    Steve Minnich
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    > @Steve Minnich said:
    > @HVACNUT - I think you may have a future in writing. 😎

My future has long past.
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746

• SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    That seems a bit ridiculous. A bachelor's degree and 4 years experience? I wouldn't want to learn from someone like that. At least 20 years in the field should be the minimum requirement.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,168
    Don't knock the HR people at Stony Brook -- the Bachelor's/four years experience thing is standard academia. They are most likely well aware that they are not going to get a truly qualified person -- but the academic types who set up these requirements haven't a clue and the HR people just do what they're told. Been there, done that, have absolutely no interest in going back.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Intplm.Rich_L