Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Moving My 30 psi Guage

Options
dlipter
dlipter Member Posts: 59
I want to remove my 30 psi guage install a nipple, elbo and riser to elevate it so I can raise the Taco box so I can swing open the Boiler door.

Any reaason why I couldn't or shouldn't do this?

Why does the gauge say "Internal Syphon"?

Thanks

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,283
    Options
    No problem. Move it as you like, just keep it. While you're at it, why not mount a 0 to 3 psi gauge on the same pigtail -- a T and a few more elbows and nipples.

Internal siphon simply means the inside the gauge there is, supposedly, a tubing configuration which is intended to protect it from evil stuff outside. Don't count on it.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • dlipter
    Options
    Did the 0-3 psi already plus skim port!

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,283
    Options
    There you go. Short memory...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • dlipter
    Options
    New placement, I used 45 deg elbows for easier guage reading.

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,520
    Options
    You could plug or ap the gage opening and put both gages on the pressure control pipe which would give you more room
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Just put a cross fitting on the pigtail instead of the Tee that the 0-3 PSI gauge is mounted on and have that gauge on one side of the Pressuretrol and the 0-30 gauge on the other side. That gives you plenty of room for your taco box.
  • dlipter
    Options
    Great idea for the plug and cross fitting! I'll keep that in mind.