Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

High efficiency gas boiler keeps shutting down

Options
Brian_C
Brian_C Member Posts: 5
Hi, thanks for reading. I had a MAC-205 installed 2 months ago and it hasn't stayed lit for more than 3 days. Weve gone through a bunch of things but I recently noticed that it calls for a 3/4 " gas line. i have a 3/4" line in the house but it comes from a 5/8" line, through a regulator, from my underground tank. Could this be an issue? Going from 5/8 to 3/4 into the boiler?

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Do you have 2 stage regulation for the LP gas supply?
    Brian_C
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    What are the combustion analysis numbers?
    That system will shut down if they are not correct.
    D
    ZmanBrian_C
  • Brian_C
    edited December 2018
    Options
    JUGHNE said:

Do you have 2 stage regulation for the LP gas supply?

Yes. On the tank is a 5-10 psi regulator that the 5/8 line comes from. That goes into a Rego LV5503 which looks like its - Factory Delivery Pressure: 11" w.c. at 10 PSIG Inlet

The 3/4 line comes off that Rego. That same line has a T that feeds my water heater with a 1/2" line
  • Brian_C
    Options
    DZoro said:

What are the combustion analysis numbers?
    That system will shut down if they are not correct.
    D

That I'm not sure of. I don't have the tools to test that. I can look at what the boiler is set at but I don't know if that would be helpful?
  • Boon
    Boon Member Posts: 260
    Options
    If the unit is shutting itself down, shouldn't the display indicate a diagnostic code?
    DIY'er ... ripped out a perfectly good forced-air furnace and replaced it with hot water & radiators.
    Brian_C
  • Brian_C
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Boon said:

If the unit is shutting itself down, shouldn't the display indicate a diagnostic code?

It does. 110 or 128. Most of the time it's 128 which is a loss of flame. The 110 code is safety thermostat tripped.
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Without knowing the exact incoming standing gas pressure, operating gas pressure, O2, CO2, CO numbers. Everything at this point is a WAG. You will need a technician with the proper instruments to set up and fine tune the boiler.
    The loss of flame is telling you to do the analysis asap. Have the tech. leave his analysis numbers with you and the boiler.
    D
    Brian_C
  • Brian_C
    edited December 2018
    Options
    DZoro - I wasn't aware they were doing so, but the install company brought a tech down from Utica Boilers yesterday. He did just what you said, then flashed the firmware in the controller and reprogrammed it for the proper mix.

Thank you everyone for your help. Hopefully it will be resolved now!
    ratioDZoro