Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Not Working

Options
Kidknee
Kidknee Member Posts: 3
I have a TT Prestige 110 installed 2012 that has had annual service by the installer and has worked well. This winter the unit has stopped working and does not respond to call for heat from the thermostat. It appears to be frozen and an "A" code is on the display. I can get it to work by hitting the reset button and it cycles normally and works for about 24 hours and then freezes again. I have had two service calls and they can't seem to find the problem. They have checked the heat exchanger, ignitor, and motherboard with the manufacturer on the phone, but no luck. They have suggested changing the controller out. Right now I am keeping the house warm by hitting the reset button when it stops working. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• ednelson
    ednelson Member Posts: 10
    Options

hi my name is Ed I work in the Triangle Tube tech support dept.
    it sounds as if the issue may be in the thermostat or thermostat wire something loose and not making a proper connection
    if you need further assistance feel free to call me 856 228 8881 ext 155 we are here Mon through Thurs 8 to 5 and Fri 8 to 4:30 eastern time
    thank you
    Ed
    DZorokcoppTinmanErin Holohan Haskell
  • Kidknee
    Options
    Thanks Ed. This morning for the first time the boiler gave an "E 122" message. First time that has happened as usual message is an "A" when it stalls. I have both wired and wireless thermostats and neither are able to get the boiler working.
    thanks,
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2018
    Options
    You best move would be to take Ed up on his offer.
    If you want more help here, you will need to provide more info. There are dozens of ways to wire one of these. Some pictures and/or sketch of the controls would be needed.
    It sounds like Ed thinks you are getting a flaky "close" from something on the t-stat/heat call side of things. He is probably correct. They have a lot of experience with issues like this.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    DZoroTinmanVoyagerSuperTech
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    I think the "A" showes up when the boiler is powered up and is not and error code per say. The "E" 122 is and the book says it is a temp. sensor drift. Have you added any zones or shut off any valves?
  • Voyager
    Voyager Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Zman said:

You best move would be to take Ed up on his offer.
    If you want more help here, you will need to provide more info. There are dozens of ways to wire one of these. Some pictures and/or sketch of the controls would be needed.
    I sounds like Ed thinks you are getting a flaky "close" from something on the t-stat/heat call side of things. He is probably correct. They have a lot of experience with issues like this.

Having just commissioned a Triangle Tube CC50s in my workshop, I am impressed that a company tech is following this forum. The OP would be insane to not jump on the offer of a phone call with a factory rep. He should run, not walk, to the telephone.
    ednelson
  • ednelson
    Options
    sorry I haven't been on in a few days to see your follow up post the E122 is a sensor drift which normally means not enough water is moving through the heat exchanger
    I would be happy to go through the ohm readings on the sensors with you or I can email you a resistance chart my
    my number here is 856 228 8881 x 155
    email is ed.nelson@acv.com
  • Voyager
    Options
    ednelson said:

sorry I haven't been on in a few days to see your follow up post the E122 is a sensor drift which normally means not enough water is moving through the heat exchanger
    I would be happy to go through the ohm readings on the sensors with you or I can email you a resistance chart my
    my number here is 856 228 8881 x 155
    email is ed.nelson@acv.com

Hi Ed,

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but if you have a minute, please take a look at a question I will pose in a new thread with “CC50s” in the title.
    Zman
  • ednelson
    Options
    Voyager feel free to give me a call 856 228 8881 ext 155 I will be here till 4:30 today
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Voyager
    Options
    ednelson said:

Voyager feel free to give me a call 856 228 8881 ext 155 I will be here till 4:30 today

Will do. I only posted here as I thought it might be a questions that others would be curious to see the answer to. Thanks.
  • Kidknee
    Options
    Hi Ed,
    Thanks for the offer and I will call you. I have had the service guy out several times and he has been on the phone with the Triangle rep and they have tried everything. It works fine for 24 hours and then locks up with an "A" and will not respond to a call for heat. My zone valves are respond to the thermostats but the boiler does not. If I hit the reset button, it cycles through and provides heat for about 24 hours and then stops. I will call you.
    Thanks
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    If someone has not tried jumping out the t-stat terminals on the boiler yet, you really need to.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    DZoro