Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dunkirk Boiler shutting down every 2 days.

Options
I have a brand new Dunkirk GVD-6, which was installed summer of 2018 that can't seem to run longer than two days without shutting down. It has two zones and is connected to 2 separate Sensi programmable thermostats. The HVac guy has replaced the board, replaced the thermostat, and I've deprogrammed my 5 and 2 and just kept the thermostat on 68 degrees now at his suggestion. When it shuts down, I simply go down to the switch on the wall that connects electricity to the unit and flip it off, then back on and it fires back up for another couple of days. Anyone have any suggestions on what way to direct my HVac guy, he's done throwing parts at it and needs help figuring out what else it could be? Any suggestions on diagnosing this particular unit? Rex

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,322
    Options
    I have no idea what it could be. However, the only way your are going to find out -- other than throwing parts at it, which won't work if there happen to be two or more problems -- is to identify what condition turns it off in the first place. Check all your safeties. Check all your controls. Check your electrical power to the unit.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    SuperJRex2431
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm not aware of a Dunkirk by that model. It looks like the number off of a Field Controls vent damper.

Regardless, I recommend that you find a competent tech instead of a parts changer.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.