Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Roth Tank

Options
RonDuch
RonDuch Member Posts: 3
Is there a problem with a Roth Tank? I have a Roth tank 1000 with a oil fired boiler nad an oil fired hot water heater connect. The both systems can run for about 3 days and then the one closes to the tank gets air bound and it has to be bled. The one further from the tank never gets air bound. I tried tlocate the problem and when I thought I found it it comes in for service and the pump has to be bled. Is there a problem with connecting two heating unit to a roth tank?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,323
    Options
    Shouldn't be. Sounds like an air leak in the line that gets air bound.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    STEVEusaPA
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Options
    Does the tank have the original rubber suction line in it? That component was often a problem it could collapse under suction or crack at the top connection.
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker
  • Vt-techAL
    Vt-techAL Member Posts: 1
    Options
    There should be a 2 line system to both units or a de-aerator according to Roth. We've had problems with air bound systems also. Connections were tight and leak free in all but still got air bound. Went back and installed a Tiger Loop on every one and never had a problem since. We install a Tiger Loop on every Roth install now. Not pitching for them but that's what we use vs 2 line system

There was an error rendering this rich post.

rwhtg