Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Roth Tank

RonDuchRonDuch Posts: 3Member
Is there a problem with a Roth Tank? I have a Roth tank 1000 with a oil fired boiler nad an oil fired hot water heater connect. The both systems can run for about 3 days and then the one closes to the tank gets air bound and it has to be bled. The one further from the tank never gets air bound. I tried tlocate the problem and when I thought I found it it comes in for service and the pump has to be bled. Is there a problem with connecting two heating unit to a roth tank?

Comments

• Jamie HallJamie Hall Posts: 10,469Member
    Shouldn't be. Sounds like an air leak in the line that gets air bound.
    Jamie

Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.

Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-Mclain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
  • GrallertGrallert Posts: 320Member
    Does the tank have the original rubber suction line in it? That component was often a problem it could collapse under suction or crack at the top connection.
  • Vt-techALVt-techAL Posts: 1Member
    There should be a 2 line system to both units or a de-aerator according to Roth. We've had problems with air bound systems also. Connections were tight and leak free in all but still got air bound. Went back and installed a Tiger Loop on every one and never had a problem since. We install a Tiger Loop on every Roth install now. Not pitching for them but that's what we use vs 2 line system
    Vt-techAL