Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Control identification...

KCA_2
KCA_2 Member Posts: 308
edited September 2018 in Thermostats and Controls

Does anybody know what this is? Need to see if I can find a replacement...
I know it's a motor control for a tempering valve with outside reset technology but I need manufacturer and maybe a model number....
Thanks a lot

:-)) Ken
:-) Ken

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    looks like a Danfoss or Esbe maybe. A few manufacturers offered a similar product, Heatlink, Watts as a 3 or 4 port mix valve actuator. CE is a common listing on European products. Sometimes the brand of tubing on the job can be a clue to the controls used.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • KCA_2
    Thanks HR.... the system is a remodel over a remodel over owner installed per tubing... would seeing a pic of the valve help? No markings on it....
  • It's got that ESBE look.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Zmandelta T
  • hot_rod
    I think it was called AutoMix 20. This might be a newer version.

https://www.c-o-k.ru/library/instructions/vexve/avtomatika-regulyatory-moduli-termostaty/9048/25939.pdf

Start with Danfoss maybe?

I'm sure you could find another actuator to fit the valve, but it might need a tekmar to control it like that one.,

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • KCA_2
    Yeah.... This unit has a reset integrated. There are other technologies out there that require a separate control.
  • KCA_2
    The automix – 20 Is an interesting valve but it doesn’t have outside recess. So that probably isn’t the one however it could be an automix 13. LOL
  • hot_rod
    Maybe? There were different versions over the years , and some OEM versions also.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Bill_17
    Bill_17 Member Posts: 68
    The control is probably from WSE, they used the basic ESBE actuator and enclosure but added reset. If that is the product, Paxton Controls used to import them. A standard ESBE actuator with separate reset control should be able to replace it if on an ESBE valve.
  • KCA_2
    WSE? Can’t find it....
  • hot_rod
    Try Paxton. Used to be a knowledgable fellow there, Leif I think. He would know if you send him a better pic.

https://www.paxtoncorp.com/actuators.php#
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • KCA_2
    Thanks.... but that's the only one I have....
  • If it's a ESBE, here are my notes:

TC62 actuator w/ outdoor reset
    V3R 3-way mixing valve
    V4R 4-way mixing valve
    VM62 actuator only
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • RedHook
    RedHook Member Posts: 5
    Hi KCA, my buddy sent me this post. I sent you a private message. My email is there. I can email you a copy of the manual.

Best,
    Paxton Corp
  • KCA_2
    Hello Paxton. I did get your email and I thought I responded to you but I haven’t heard back from you. I would love to get the manual and maybe even a place where I could find a replacement.
    Thank you very much

• hot_rod
    KCA said:

Hello Paxton. I did get your email and I thought I responded to you but I haven’t heard back from you. I would love to get the manual and maybe even a place where I could find a replacement.

Thank you very much

Ken, did you resppond through the messenger on this site, or to his e-mail directly? Some times the messenger does not connect. It could be a setting on their end for spam?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • KCA_2
    We actually communicated through his email and then all of a sudden communication stopped. So I’m not sure what happened.
  • RedHook
    RedHook Member Posts: 5
    Hi Ken,
    Spam filters buried your later emails. I thought "no news was good news" and that I sent the cut sheet. I emailed it again a few minutes ago. Feel free to call us. Our number is on our website.

Best,
    Paxton
  • KCA_2
    Ha! Technology!
    Thanks very much Paxton......