Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cross manifolds pics

duffy_4
duffy_4 Member Posts: 79
Anyone else using these new manifolds I’ve used them on few jobs lately find they work very well and simplify some wiring tasks .(my weak spot) don’t post here often but read wall all the time .typing another weak spot .ill try posting few pics.
Harvey Ramer

Comments

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Nice work!
    I just bid a job using those manifolds. I haven't used them before.
  • duffy_4
    Really simplify wiring when you have multiple zones,way less moving parts,and one xformer will run all 12 loop actuators,hopefully they come out with larger sized manifold
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    Pretty install.

I like that support arm for the exp tank. Clever!

• I just called Ultra-Fin - they're the ones that distribute the Cross Manifolds. I like the idea of power-open, power-closed.......less power usage.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Hello, That bent tubing is nice! Better flow, fewer joints... what's not to like? :p

Yours, Larry
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    really nice work, I'm fan of tube bending also, looks good.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • duffy_4
    Thanks hot rod
    Been using the rems curvo for long while now .takes a bit of practice to get it down can bend up to 1-1/4 copper. Usually always use L copper due to added wall thickness .just started bending 1/2 gas pipe with the viega gas press fittings. The bending saves $$ when using press fittings but need more space .is good for small offsets also

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    I've found a good coating of WD-40 helps assure a smooth ripple free bend. The machine like the reduced friction also. If you keep it lubed up you can bend M, up to 1" successfully, L is a safer bet however.

A long sweep like that doesn't count as friction loss like a regular ell, just the piping length.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • stoke
    stoke Member Posts: 10
    > Been using the rems curvo for long while now .takes a bit of practice to get it down can bend up to 1-1/4 copper. Usually always use L copper due to added wall thickness .just started bending 1/2 gas pipe with the viega gas press fittings. The bending saves $$ when using press fittings but need more space .is good for small offsets also

Swank .