Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Never Wrong

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 635
edited July 2018 in THE MAIN WALL

Never Wrong

Jerry does have this one advantage over everyone else in the world, though. In all the years I’ve known him, he has never once said that he was wrong about anything.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mikedo
    mikedo Member Posts: 174
    jerry kinda reminds me of my wife never been wrong in twenty five years of marriage
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    LOL!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Dave_132
    Dave_132 Member Posts: 64
    It has been said by some that men never ask for directions. I have always been annoyed by that comment. Let me dispel that myth by saying I always have. I have run a Mechanical contracting company for 38 years. People say that I was lucky to have made it that long. The truth is that luck had nothing to do with it. It was all the people I met in my life who taught me and shared there knowledge. If I did not know something then I would seek out the person who did with humility. All the factory’s and manufacturers, wholesalers , other contractors helped me to become a success.
    As Sir Issac Newton once said, “if I see father than other men it’s because I have stood on the shoulders of giants “
    In a world of compromise , some men don't !
    Erin Holohan HaskellGordo
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    Another very stable genius no doubt.
    Sal Santamaura
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    edited July 2018
    Part of being a good contractor means knowing when and who to ask for advice.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • BradHotNCold
    BradHotNCold Member Posts: 70
    An excellent example of the need for building owners to obtain multiple estimates and bids with detailed lists of equipment to be installed. (As well as a list of customers who can be called for recommendations, even though no contractor will give out names of dissatisfied customers.) A higher cost with a boiler feed pump would lead to questions about “Why?” Of course, Jerrys in the contracting world can mislead because of their “years of experience!”
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    When it comes to wives and being right - > Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?
    Steve Minnich
    IronmanJUGHNE
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    mikedo said:

jerry kinda reminds me of my wife never been wrong in twenty five years of marriage

My wife is like that also. Never been wrong, which makes me wrong, or am I wrong about that???
    JohnNY said:

Part of being a good contractor means knowing when and who to ask for advice.

Also, knowing when to use it if it is good advice.
    Rick
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Some people are born with the sum of human knowledge already in their head.
    ratioIronman
  • Jackmartin
    Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
    I have met too many Jerry,s in my life and I am not as generious as Dan, I find them repugnant. Now, if I might make a comment as a Canadian, please take this line of thought as my opinion which I own. The current governments in both our countries are awash in Jerry thinking. In the interest of argument have you ever heard a politican say’ oops I made a mistake,? I suggest you will be sorely disappointed if you are waiting for one, after all ,our collective elected officials are at the right hand of God; what could they possibly do wrong? Mr. Trump cannot seem to get out of diapers —- the manure that comes out of his tweeter account — documents that. The prime minister of Canada is like Jerry ,if he cannot remember assaulting some poor girl, well obviously he is not in the wrong, so he can act the **** on the world stage with aplomb. I wish Dan had left Jerry to his self made bucket of ****, so he had to swim in it; but, I respect Dan,s reasoning ,why does the customer have to live a nightmare because of an outsized ego. My hat is off to Dan he is a much more forgiving man than I am ,which of course makes him all the more respected. All the best Jack Canada
    GBart
  • DanHolohan
    Jack, I'm no saint. I'm a columnist. But thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    you guys know that your wives are reading this right? ; )
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,272
    Hi Dan, Methinks Jack is onto something. From an online dictionary defining saint "... a very good, kind, generous and caring person." I think it's possible to be a columnist and a saint! o:)

Yours, Larry
  • DanHolohan
    As a good Catholic lad, I believe I need to be dead to be a saint. Mind if I wait awhile? ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • Sal Santamaura
    Sal Santamaura Member Posts: 529

As a good Catholic lad, I believe I need to be dead to be a saint. Mind if I wait awhile? ;-)

Take as long as you like. :)
  • DanHolohan
    Working on it, Sal! Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jerry and I would make good partners. He could blame all his mistakes on me. I don't mind.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Jim_R
  • Jackmartin
    Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
    When the time comes for you to see St Peter, many years from now I hope, say hello for me . I think where I am going is in no need of more heat. All the best and Hello Erin Jack

• DanHolohan
    Jack, Canadians are too nice to go to the other place.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Canucker
    Canucker Member Posts: 722
    > @DanHolohan said:
    > Jack, Canadians are too nice to go to the other place.
    Unless you're on the ice with us ;)
    You can have it good, fast or cheap. Pick two
  • DanHolohan
    Well, yes, there’s that.
    Retired and loving it.
    Canucker