Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

fittings for brass pipe

Options
quack24
quack24 Member Posts: 74
does anyone know where to get a fitting that i can sweat onto 1/2 inch brass pipe ive seen them in use but never in a store or website

Comments

• quack24
    Options
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,289
    Options
    Is it by any chance threaded? If so, it might be 3/8 NPT -- worth a try.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,525
    Options
    They do make adapter you can sweat onto brass pipe but I have never used them. Might be less of a problem to just replace it with copper or..... thread it
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    I've used the brass adapters that slip over brass, and are sweated on, they work great, I have a couple in my fitting box that I haven't used in 25 years, you might find them at an old school Plumbing Supply store...

Thanks, Bob Gagnon
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    1/2" sweat refrigeration fitting? Good flux and some silverbrite?
  • Lyle {pheloa} Carter
    Lyle {pheloa} Carter Member Posts: 55
    Options
    The brass adapters Bobby's thinking about are called reamed adapters. Try Googleing them, I know Raven still manufactures them.
    Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    They’re called TP fittings, threadless pipe. I worked for a company in the city for a while, we used them all the time.
  • RomanP
    RomanP Member Posts: 102
    Options
    TP fittings as said above. They sell TP by cooper adapters, or you can manufacture one by drilling out the threads on copper x female adapter
  • quack24
    Options
    thanks everyone that is what i was looking for
    is a tp adapter the same as a reamed adapter
  • quack24
    Options
    https://www.supplyhouse.com/Raven-LF12C12IPSRA-1-2-x-1-2-C-x-IPS-Reamed-Adapter-Lead-Free?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItPjNy8Kh2wIVQkOGCh3R2gVhEAQYBCABEgJ7SPD_BwE
    is the above link the right adapter i should be looking for

it is not threaded it is copper looking pipe that is thick like brass that has soldered fittings
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    Reamed adapters, hmmmm, never knew that, Lyle wins the internet today...
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.