Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cosmetics

Options
I should have gone into the cosmetics business. I could have retired with this customer!

She asked me to work on her dripping basin faucets and then left the house. It took me half an hour just to get to them.

These are the kinds of things that make my job interesting.
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options
    Is this a business? There has to be a health code violation in there somewhere....
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    This is a good picture to pass on to someone who "just to have" a pedestal lav because they are so "cool".

She needs a 8' vanity top.......but you know what...it would be just as full.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Apparently she hasn’t found the product that works best yet........recommend working hands to her :D
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    I actually do the same thing, but instead of my sink, it's my workbench. And instead of cosmetics and jewelry, it's plumbing and heating parts.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    rick in Alaska
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    I actually got my workbench completely empty for one hour.
    I sent pictures to other tradesman who said it couldn't be done (also so they could be envious ) B)
    ratioluketheplumber
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Young Couple? His and hers? B)
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Probably not a politically correct question, but was she bum fugly? I'd have walked and said "Call me when it's accessible..."

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,520
    Options
    OMG. Horder
    Canucker
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    Living in a house like that would frustrate my mild OCD affliction to unimaginable proportions.
    TinmanCanuckerGordy
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    We were just staying with a friend, whose sink has that same built in porcelain spout!—NBC
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    It took me awhile to find the faucet! Doesn't it seem like if you were going to hire someone to work on something you owned that you would clean it up first? Nothing worse than having to work on a sink and open up the doors and find it packed full. I just usually sigh and start moving things all the while thinking, "I am getting paid by the hour".
    But like you said, I would rather have nice customers with a dirty house, than nasty customers with a clean house. Where I live, people are not real pretentious and are just not real worried about how they look or their house looks, but most of them will give you their shirt off their backs if you needed it, and that's all that counts.
    Rick
    Canucker
  • Leonard
    Leonard Member Posts: 903
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Our garage was about the same way. I needed to paint rear quarter of my car and said I'll do it in the garage. Dad said no way I'ld get all the junk out of the garage. I did .

Threw out some junk and moved the 1953 MG car and all the other "good stuff" outside under a tarp while I shot the car IN the garage.

That's the problem with being a techie, I can fix almost anything . Finally realized I picked up enough projects to last several lifetimes. Now that I'm getting old and slowing down, I'm methodically moving some junk to the curb