Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

which heating system is the best for home

Options
AdrianeGray
AdrianeGray Member Posts: 2
edited March 2018 in THE MAIN WALL
Hello everybody,

I am new to this site and I want to know about which heating system is the best heating system for the home.Anyone can suggest me some options.

Thanks,

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,289
    Options
    That's pretty vague, my friend. Can you tell us just a bit more? How big? Construction (new, old, how old?)? Existing or new? Location? Fuel availability? Any preferences as to type of heat (e.g. warm air, radiant, baseboards, radiators?).
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,907
    Options
    What he said^^^^^. I may be biased as it's kind of my bread and butter, but I don't think you can beat anything with hot water in terms of efficiency and comfort. Radiant floors are my personal favorite given the low temp option and overall comfort, but any baseboard or radiator is darn comfy as well. I do quite a bit of hydro-air with outdoor wood boilers which is also a quite comfortable retro-fit for forced air systems in comparison to gas fired forced air IMO
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,677
    Options
    Any of them installed properly can work fantastic. This includes forced hot air.

However forced hot air installed properly is rarely cheap so usually not done.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    I think forced air done correctly is only slightly more expensive because you start with a properly
    Sized unit, which is 1/2 the size of most installed. Then ductwork and number of supplies drop. Humidity control improves with ac dramatically.

I added a heat pump in my house downstairs. Run in cheap flex with just 5 supplies but it’s nicely balanced, silent and draft free. 1/3 smaller than most contractors wanted to install.
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    Options
    this question seems to come up everyday