Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heating only programmable thermostats?

Does anyone make heating only programmable thermostats for hot water systems? (to comply with energy codes)

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    The Honeywell 6000 & 8000 lines can be set up as heating only. Presumably the new T series as well, but I haven't installed enough of those yet to recall offhand.
  • ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    edited February 2018
    Tekmar was the only one I could find. They are really expensive and at first I could not get over that since I needed five of them but I bought one and the looks alone made it worthwhile. Who wants five big thermostats? It is very small. Has an isolated switch because RWC needs to go away at some point and it is incredibly accurate and the anticipator is perfect for hot water. It is a bit of a read to program.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,161
    Any of the Honeywell programmables can be set for hot water heat only. No problem. Ditto White-Rodgers. Both usually at your local friendly big box store.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    He asked for heat only and programmable, not a heat / cool - fan stat that could be used. I figured that was fairly obvious. The Tekmars are the only ones I could find when I looked. If there are any others, Id like to know about them.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    Those HW stats 6000 & 8000 are such that you set them up for heating only. Any reference to cooling and fan switch does not show. Even on the non programmable 5000 the fan switch is renamed as back light (on-off) The system switch gives you the choice of heat or off. (no cool)
  • Chuck_17
    Chuck_17 Member Posts: 143
    Thanks for the replies.
  • KVieira
    KVieira Member Posts: 5
    Check out HBX Controls. They have a programmable thermostat that includes a floor sensor. http://www.hbxcontrols.com/thm-0200.php
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    I used to keep the HW pro 6000 on my truck cause it do all dat. But not sure about the new TP line the pro series are being phased out.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,583
    Honeywell VisionPro and Prestige series are touch screens and will behave as "heat only" thermostats without any fan switches etc.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • EYoder
    EYoder Member Posts: 60
    edited February 2018
    Honeywell T pro t-stats can easily be programmed to heat-only programmable. Used 3 T4's today.
  • Mike Cascio
    Mike Cascio Member Posts: 143
    I have good luck with my honeywell. It doesnt need any batteries and has great build quality. I suspect it will last a long time.
    ratiounclejohn