Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

electronic trv

Options
hey guys whats stopping us from ordering a European tr controller and installing it in america seems like they have all sorts of cool wifi and Bluetooth controllers over there

Comments

• quack24
    quack24 Member Posts: 74
    Options
    i can order one with a timer on amazon.uk for under 30 shipped to usa almost cheaper than a regular one over here any one try this or see why it would or woulnt work
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    Check the threads. Some of those foreign places use oddball threads.
    Jackmartin
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,289
    Options
    Also, if it's mains powered, check voltage and frequency
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    RomanGK_26986764589adasilva
  • hvacfreak2
    hvacfreak2 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    Most are Celsius unit of temperature only. Honeywell makes one that displays F or C but they are expensive and take some time to get . If you do end up trying one please post some feedback .
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

• Scott.Malo
    Scott.Malo Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Scott from Tunstall Corporation here. We do offer a wireless TRV and have done so for about a year or so. This type of technology hasn’t had a ton of traction in the U.S. because of the cost associated with them. They are pretty expensive and do have some limitations. If any of you are interested in learning more, feel free to email me at smalo@tunstall-inc.com and mention this thread and I can send you some cut sheets and give you a little more detail about our experiences with them thus far. Happy to help :). I hope everyone has a great 2018!
    Grallert
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thanks, Scott. Fantastic customer service!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • quack24
    Options
    I ordered one I'll let you guys know how it works when it comes it's battery powered and has an adapter for the danfoss trv
  • quack24
    Options
    so after getting my electronic trv controller and having it on for about a month it does a very good job of controlling the radiator i am thinking about getting one for all the radiators i am not sure if it saves me any fuel but it definitely keeps the rooms from overheating and lets me wake up to a warmer bedroom
    GrallertSolid_Fuel_Mankcopp
  • Hitzkup
    Hitzkup Member Posts: 63
    Options

We do offer a wireless TRV

What is the model # of that wireless control? Available anywhere Online?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    does it operate quietly? I tried several that had a loud gear train noise
    Doubled as an ⏰
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If one was offered for low voltage such as 24 volts, a wax motor would be nice and quiet and offer Electronics but also would require a wire to it.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • quack24
    Options
    its somewhat loud when i play with it but i never noticed the sound when it was actually opening