Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Basement no heat

Bosco
Bosco Member Posts: 30
my basement with pipe hanging on the ceiling was change from that black pipe to that silver pipe(shown in photo), now I still feel the hotness of silver pipe but no heat coming out. Is it because pipe was change to that silver pipe which cause the heat stop comming out? Please advice, it bothers me so long.

Comments

• Bosco
    1st fl and radiator has heat coming out. Basement just that pipe hanging on ceiling is hot but no heat.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    If piping was changed possibly air in radiators in the basement from draining the system to replace pipe. Bleed the radiators.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Pictures will help
  • Bosco
    This is the pic. I can feel the black connecting pipe has heat coming out, silver pipe has not heat coming out.
    Dan Foley
  • Gordy
    Where does the silver pipe go? Radiator?
  • Gordy
    Some more pics if you can. The boiler, and associated piping. Is there radiators in the basement?
  • Bosco
    No radiator in basement. Basement rely on silver pipe to provide heat and it just hot n no heat. The silver pipe also connects to 1st fl radiator n there is heat.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    Take a look at the thread on radiator colour. Silver or metallic paints reduce the heat given off by any surface, and if it is mostly radiant (which those pipes were) the reduction can be as much as 10 times.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Paint it any low gloss (preferably flat) non metallic color. Look up emissivity.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.