Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prestige solo130 wont reset from hard lockout e04

rick13
rick13 Member Posts: 3
tried to reset after customer turned power off and on. but wont reset.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Rick,
    Not seeing a solo 130 in the lineup. Do you know the age or control type?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • rick13
    prestige triangle tube boiler heat and hot water solo110 went to hard lockout and then customer turned power off. so i dont know what code it had before. but now it wont reset from e04 code. tried turning power off for 5 minutes but still stays on e04. manual reset won't do any thing.
  • rick13
    propane gas. wall mount.
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    edited September 2016
    Sorry, wong thread

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808

Steve Minnich
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Same thing happened to me today! Mine needs an ignitor, which agrees with the customer seeing an E02 before the E04. I am going back out to install that tomorrow, however I could not reset and get it to try and fire. I turned it off, hoping that overnight with not power, with a new ignitor it will fire up again, but maybe not....

Tips gladly accepted.....
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    @rick13

Found it, worked like a charm.

http://www.triangletube.com/us/professional/faq/V63ThSMAAHFZGLD9/faqs-for-pt-boiler

Read down to the E-04 section. I've never had to do this before it did work. Learn something every day.
  • RadRadiant
    RadRadiant Member Posts: 1
    delta T said:

@rick13

Read down to the E-04 section. I've never had to do this before it did work. Learn something every day.

Rick,
    I have this situation but I am not following the directions. It says:
    "To remove from hard lockout; take a medal object and short out the first set on pins on the left hand side, top to bottom for two seconds."

Is it refering to the terminal strip? Those go left to right, not sure on the top to bottom. Can you clear this up some?
    Cheer!
    Nathan
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    This is on the Old MCBA board.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    We all learn something everyday. Just call TT tech help and they will walk you through it.
    kcopp
  • bmelt
    bmelt Member Posts: 1
    I was able to do the reset for the E04 error. We have a Triangle Tube Solo 110 installed in 2006. The "Pins" that I used are the ones right below the "Reset" button on the control panel where it looks like another ribbon cable would plug into.

I used a small wire across the top and bottom pin on the far left side for a couple of seconds and the E04 cleared and the boiler restarted.
    alexrazd
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Some of the old boards one had to push very, very, very hard on the reset button.
    alexrazd
  • alexrazd
    alexrazd Member Posts: 1
    I reset E04 error by shorting two left pins in the pin group underneath the reset button as bmelt suggested. Thank you bmelt!
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 828
    You can also use a screw driver to short the two pins on the far left (in a vertical orientation to each other). The pin separation distance is < 1/8". And this is on the older MCBA board of the TT 60 and 110.
  • slipjig
    slipjig Member Posts: 1
    I had the E 04 message. Using the reset started it again. But my question is what caused it. We recently installed an automatic generator and it cycles as a regular test once a week.
    So here is my question, could switching the house power to a generator cause the error?
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,168
    slipjig said:

I had the E 04 message. Using the reset started it again. But my question is what caused it. We recently installed an automatic generator and it cycles as a regular test once a week.
    So here is my question, could switching the house power to a generator cause the error?

Read the third bullet point under the E 04 causes. Sure could -- either the interruption during the transfer or less than optimal power from the generator. Also check and make sure both the generator ground and neutral are properly connected.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    If you have one of the first versions of TT. Some of those boards would have to been reset manually after a power loss during a call for heat. The newer boards would reset only if there is no code failure before a power loss/interupt.

D