Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viesmann Vitorond Recommendation???

Options
pvansavage
pvansavage Member Posts: 2
Need to replace my oil burner, and have a bid for a Viesmann Vitoron 100 - a name I'm having difficulty getting layman's information on. Need to know (based on what I've researched I need) if this is a sealed combustion unit, cold start, with a thermal purge feature?

Also want to know if the Outdoor temp reset is standard?

Is a Garber spin-on filter a good thing?

Lastly, what's a tankless coil, and why do I want to avoid that? Is that the hot water heater? Is a Heat-Flo 40 water heater adequate for a family with three teens?

Is this a good, reliable, easily repaired (if necessary) unit?

What else should I be asking for?

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options

Not sealed combustion unless direct vent, although it could be added. It should be wired cold start, outdoor reset is optional, the standard control is a Hydrostat which uses a form of thermal purge although nothing like what I believe you're comparing it to. Viessmann make a great product.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Ironman
  • pvansavage
    pvansavage Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you! Very helpful. Now just need to get my head around coupling it with a HR-40... More cost efficient to operate than electric?
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Depends on your electric rates and what you pay for oil. 1 gallon of oil= 139,000 BTU. 1 Kw= 3421 BTU. Minus the losses with oil.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.