Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Furnace is on, Fan blowing, intermittent heating.

Options
tseman
tseman Member Posts: 4
edited December 2016 in Gas Heating
Thermostat on the wall seems to be working. The fan is going (working) but the furnace is mostly blowing cold air. Sometimes, it starts working again for a few days. The control board was replaced. The fan blows but there is no heat.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,322
    Options
    In most jurisdictions the landlord is required to provide the means to properly heat the apartments. You may pay the bill or not, but he or she has to provide and maintain the means.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • tseman
    Options
    I know this. I stated clearly that I wanted to attempt a repair myself if possible to avoid the fight with the landlord.

I'm trying to take ownership of the technical problem and I need technical help.

Otherwise I would be posting on a forum dedicated to tenant rights. A forum local to Columbus, Ohio.

So really, you're not really helping here.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    You mentioned landlord at least 4 times.

You mentioned law at least once.

You admitted this is out of your depth.

Jamie's response seems totally appropriate to me.
    Steve Minnich
  • tseman
    Options
    Stop trolling me.
    AbracadabraTinman
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Options
    tseman said:

Stop trolling me.

I was going to post something else, but decided to say that no one is trolling you. You either need believe what the professional that was called in said, or call a different professional to assess the situation for you. It's difficult to impossible to provide you a solution with the information provided.
  • tseman
    Options
    So all you're willing to do is berate me and say you're not trolling. Great. and I can't even delete the thread and start over.
    AbracadabraTinman
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @tseman - I didn't "troll" you. I just reiterated what you had already said and then I defended Jaimie. Jaimie has been volunteering his knowledge and wisdom here for a long time and you threw him under the bus for trying to help you. That's not cool.

To get to your heating issue...do you own a VOM and do you know how to use it? Do you have a basic understanding of the sequence of operation for your particular furnace? Do you have the make and model of your furnace and can you share it with us? If you said yes to all three of those questions, we may be able to help you solve your problem.
    Steve Minnich
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Well, you seem to have plenty of hot air. Hows that working for you?

All Jamie did was point out that it should be the landlord problem and you jumped all over him.

Most furnaces have on board diagnostics that will help with this kind of problem.

Start by downloading the manual. Then look through the manual and find the part about troubleshooting and error codes.
    Come back, post the particulars, be nice, and you should be able to get some assistance.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Options
    i'm done with this thread. Been on various forums long enough to know when someone deserves my help. Good luck to you.