Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is this good near boiler piping

Options
keyote
keyote Member Posts: 659
Excuse the hand drawn near boiler sketch dont have a good program for that yet, and i realize lots of bells and whistles missing but am trying to figure out best basic design first. also include the loop views of the zones i did in loop cad but put the totals on boiler plan. I have an extra TT indirect tank and thought to ad solar in future as well as another zone on a fith floor PH addition so all risers are 1" copper.

Comments

• keyote
    Options
    hears anoth version of the near boiler
  • keyote
    Options
    I dont think this second version materially differs from the first except the secondary is closed in a way which i suppose makes the zones technically tertiary. space is tight down there would it matter and BTW i imagine the secondary ch pump is an alpha
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Take the return from the indirect and tee it back into the primary return at the boiler, not into the secondary. Use check valves with each pump.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • keyote
    Options
    i understand youd rather see it hit the return downstream of the ch return tee. Turbulence?
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Hydraulic interference. Your defeating the purpose of p/s with it connected to the secondary.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    Gordy
  • keyote
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks
    I corrected the drawings with the idhw return tee downstream of the ch return tee and added check valves, i know theres all sorts of things like separators strainers draincocks close tees and valves etc etc etc not shown yet. but would it matter which version of these two? i show one with the secondary loop closed excluding the zones and the other with the zones being part of the secondary loop is that important
  • keyote
    edited July 2016
    Options
    i dont think the attachments are attaching