Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

It's their world now

1235»

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    It's the orifice through which bovine scattitailia is introduced to the world.
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
    Gordy
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    @Chrisj it's a similar concept to Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    KC_Jones said:

@Chrisj it's a similar concept to Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

AH.

I know many Alpha Hotels.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    edited April 2016
    Golf Delta , Sierra Mike Foxtrots . Hilarious .

bovine scattitailia . Hatteras , you have way too much time or hands
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Can anyone read a map anymore? Do they even sell them? Let alone Compass headings?

One day if the power grid goes down, and satellites get toasted by a solar flare. Serious things will hit the fan.

Technology while great is dumbing down society no question. To the point where if tech disappears people will be lucky to find their own alpha hotel....
  • Gordy
    Erin I think we need a random thoughts category.......
    DanHolohanErin Holohan Haskell
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,571
    edited April 2016
    Canucker said:

Signals are only if you're going over more than one lane. At least that's how it seems where I am

I dont use them.

I consider it "providing information to the enemy". People around here just speed up and close the gap.
  • SlamDunk

Another major issue is people everywhere seem to think it's ok to tailgate. Tailgating only gets you to the grave or hospital faster. You're still going the same speed whether you have a 1 foot gap or a 200 foot gap in front of you.

That's why my next car will be a 68 Cadillac DeVille. Maybe a convertable. No Crumple zones.

You dont need crumple zones if everyone else has one.
  • Gordy
  • SlamDunk
    edited April 2016
    I'm ok with it. you dont have be. we dont have many roads that will allow head ons. We have dividers. Interstates. Most accidents I see are rear enders.

some people drive with this two foot x eight inch pipe protruding from the rear specificly designed to destroy the car that rear ends them. that is not how I roll.

I was rear ended in my 77 Nova. I drove away, they other driver was towed.

Then I was rear ended while at a stop light in a brand new sebring convertable rental. the rental was totaled and I was terribly sore the next day.
  • 4Johnpipe
    4Johnpipe Member Posts: 480
    My take on cell phones...kids get them years "before" driving...The basics of driving are secondary to technology...even the new cars have gadgets for gadgets. What happened to paying attention to real life driving conditions as apposed to now having signals and sensors for everything from how close another vehicle is to what type of road condition is underneath your wheels...
    Whew that was a rant!!!
    LANGAN'S PLUMBING & HEATING LLC
    Considerate People, Considerate Service, Consider It Done!
    732-751-1560
    email: langansph@yahoo.com
    www.langansplumbing.com
    Gordy
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    Nobody ever rear ended me when I was driving a deuce and a half in Korea, nobody cut me off either.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
    Gordy4JohnpipeSWEInjtommy
  • BigRob
    BigRob Member Posts: 322
    Late Gen X'er here. My view is the 80's and 90's outsourcing binge gutted this country- not just from the private sector. The government outsources everything and all the layers of venders all need to get their markup and nobody in government checks. Add on poor vocational training and you can barely find a tech who can property measure and set superheat. We all pay for it in 2k AC "repair bills" and higher taxes for a 6 billion dollar Eastern Span Bay Bridge (half a bridge mind you). In the SF Bay Area it's a complete disaster in terms of value for the consumer. I know what you guys are saying about some of the people younger than me, but the boomers controlled this country and made poor decisions. Once X & Y are the majority of congress, this country will shine again.
  • ChrisJ
    edited April 2016
    SlamDunk said:

Another major issue is people everywhere seem to think it's ok to tailgate. Tailgating only gets you to the grave or hospital faster. You're still going the same speed whether you have a 1 foot gap or a 200 foot gap in front of you.

That's why my next car will be a 68 Cadillac DeVille. Maybe a convertable. No Crumple zones.

You dont need crumple zones if everyone else has one.

This is EXTREMELY wrong.
    I've heard many people make such claims and it's the complete opposite.

If I had to choose between a bad accident in my 2012 Chevy Sonic and a 68 Caddy I'd take the Sonic.

After a midsize car ran into it while parked, crushed the "crumble zone" you hate so much, jammed it into a tree, broke the parking pawl in the transmission which flung it to he other side of the road the doors still opened and closed normally. The other car was doing 40 MPH.

I was absolutely speechless when the doors still opened and closed normally.

The passenger compartment in a modern car made within the past few years is probably 1000 times more rigid than your 68 caddy. The crumble zones are in the front to absorb impact.

You can see the braces in the passenger side door that got jammed into the tree. Your caddy has no such things in the door and they fill fold like cardboard. Overall, if you could find a video of it your 68 caddy is a joke when it comes to crash tests. The comment about everyone else having crush zones is also wrong because again, my doors aren't crush zones, nor are trees.

After that night I went and bought a second one which now has 82,000 miles on it and a life time MPG of 40MPG. I've never seen less than 38, and I've seen almost 50.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Gordy
  • Gordy
    edited April 2016
    There are three negative g impacts in a collision. The vehicles, the occupants against restraints/interior, and the organs against the skellital structure.

Anything that can absorb that energy by deformation benefits the final two impacts,and that is no guarantee.
  • SlamDunk
    edited April 2016
    ok, obviously everyone wants to save my life.

Let me me reiterate that My odds of being rearended is 110% higher than being involved in a head on.

I didnt want to bore you with details but That 77 Nova was rear ended seven times and I drove it for fifteen years. I was never injured. I sold the car to a demolition derby driver. NYC driving was rough.

In thirty years Driving in twelve different countries in both N & S hemispheres, I was never involved in any other accidents.

Never filed an auto insurance claim.

So yeah, send me a dozen irrelevant links if you want but I think I will be fine in a '68 cadillac. The other driver, maybe not so much.

God! is this the difference between a boomer and a gen Xer? Dont be so scared! And for God's sake, dont be so determined to prove me wrong!

Ha Ha you must think I am stupid.

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    SlamDunk said:

ok, obviously everyone wants to save my life. Let me me reiterate to you that My odds fo being rearended is 100% higher than being involved in a head on.

Wow, sounds like a personal issue to me :)
    ChrisJ
  • ChrisJ
    edited April 2016
    Sometimes there's a fine line between brave and stupid.

Hatterasguy
  • Gordy
    Never say never about the head on collisions. Ask my daughter, and wife.............
    Hatterasguy